Second Skin Audio

Konaki Subwoofers

Big J

A few years ago there was a DD 9500 knockoff made by a China company named Konaki(KO12-1207A). The motor was the same has a Digital Designs 9500 but the soft parts where junk. Are the subs still around? I have been wanting to get my hands on a single 12 to do some testing and some reconing options. Anyone know where they are still for sale?

forum_sundowncopy.jpgdd_red.gif

2 DD 9515

1 Soundown SAZ-3000D

2 Optima Redtops

Big 3 upgrade

Hitting 151.1db

A few years ago there was a DD 9500 knockoff made by a China company named Konaki(KO12-1207A). The motor was the same has a Digital Designs 9500 but the soft parts where junk. Are the subs still around? I have been wanting to get my hands on a single 12 to do some testing and some reconing options. Anyone know where they are still for sale?

Maby their is something you looking for My link.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

They are a knock off of the newest g motor. like stated with less cooling. softparts are junk in them, but reconed with better soft parts they are very good woofers.

Apparently they are a direct knock off of the DD's -- i forget what series. However, the "soft parts" are not nearly DD quality. From what I understand, it is cost effective to buy the konaki and recone it with DD's parts.

:clapping:

John Galt

Sales Consultant

St. Louis, Missouri

DD is NOT going to sell you recones for konaki motors...

last time I had this argument I wsa told i was full of it lol. Good to know someone else knows.

im fairly positive the konaki is not the same exact motor either.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I dont want a recone kit from DD. I can just use my real 9500s that I got in my car. I just want to play aroung with the Konaki, put it throught some torture then when it blows just make a franken sub of my own.

forum_sundowncopy.jpgdd_red.gif

2 DD 9515

1 Soundown SAZ-3000D

2 Optima Redtops

Big 3 upgrade

Hitting 151.1db

last time I had this argument I wsa told i was full of it lol. Good to know someone else knows.

Hell, I tried to order a Kevlar Dustcap form DD. They wanted a bunch of pictures of my driver, then pictures of when I got it, then installed it, etc....

100% correct!

Also correct, they are not the same motors, or even close to the Digital Design motors.

They are somewhat simular in size, but are no where near as strong, have a lot worse cooling, etc etc...

People just use the DD softparts in them because they fit that good in them. No different then someone buying a Fi, DC, AQ, etc etc and putting another brands soft parts in the motor.

But this is why DD has stopped selling softparts to the general public, as bassaholic said they will ask you for pictures, proof of purchuse, and a bunch of other crap before they even consider selling you recones. I even heard DD asking for pics of the said DD motor that needs to be reconed with a picture of the blown softparts cut out the sub to prove that you need the new recone for said subwoofer.

The main reason for this is due to people buying konaki woofers, and using DD softparts and then reselling them on ebay or other auction sites as an actual Digital Designs sub.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived