First time getting Rims...

I drive an 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee and every one of those I have seen with rims on it looks fuckin siiick!! so I have been talking about them lately and I figured out that my dad is planning on getting me some rims for christmas. Talk about a good present right?

The rims I am wanting are 20s with a medium sized tire. None of the super low profile tires.

I was just wondering what maybe you guys had to say about it. I have people tell me that putting bigger rims on your car can destroy it over time, or that the ride is SUPER different from usual and its only good for rolling around parking lots and not highways... etc.

Advice, tips, info?

get the right off set so that it doesnt sit mexi flush lol (wheels stick out more than 2-3inches)

over time im sure it cant be good for the transmission but for 20s its shouldnt be a problem

personally i would go with atleast 24s, but you said u didnt want a low profile tire so that option is out

ride wise my jimmy with 24s took alittle longer to get u to speed and stop but once at normal speed it rode just like riding on stock wheels, so ride wise its gonna depend on your vehicle really, i wouldnt worry about since your gonna have a decent size tire on there

GL now its just a matter of picking the wheels

If you have to, you could always regear the diffs to compensate the slow start, to where it has more pep by going to a lower gear ratio.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

You should get wheels instead of rims.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

• 2 weeks later...

The mistake everyone always makes is not getting what they want in the first place. Like when I got this accord I wanted 18s but got 17 cause I was on 15 stock and figured 17 would be enough. It wasn't so I went out and got 18s right after.

Just make sure you buy what you really want the first time.

Archived