Sonic Electronix

What sub will do the best on 4k daily..??

its claled oh shit im scared to pull these out and see how bad they look. crosses fingers and prays they meter fine.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Varietyguy has 2 mayhems with a sundown 3000 on each.

They seem to handle the power pretty well.

He can full tilt for a good minute or 2 before any smell or caps get really warm.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

1324341832[/url]' post='1806815']

Also how do you like that badass Crown amp you got?? I'm sure its as amazing as I'm guessing!! :good:

I like it, my sub loves it. My house / parents hate me and I became the power companies new best friend santa.gif

well my amp is more like a 4500d on each... so idk how they would hold up to that... But derrick do you think if I port my box to like 29hz like im doing that i can safely play 25hz if i O-scope everything?? As I've never had a box that could do that yet :/

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

From what I've been researching, tuning doesn't play as much a factor for lows as f3 does. Meaning your box tuned at 29hz might hit its f3 point and fall on its face at 29 or 28hz. Seems like box size, port area and tuning all have to be at that perfect medium for what your low end goals are. FYI lot of this stuff is from picking the brains of a lot of smart knowledgeable people ex A.I. Ray, Mike Singer and Pete Sonntag to name a few.

Yea OBI i think your right about that.. Or they are lol.. I called crossfire and they said this box should be perfect for this sub

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

well my amp is more like a 4500d on each... so idk how they would hold up to that... But derrick do you think if I port my box to like 29hz like im doing that i can safely play 25hz if i O-scope everything?? As I've never had a box that could do that yet :/

a 4500d on each?

are you running 2 500.1?

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

only running one sub.. 1 amp.. its like having a 4500d on a single sub thats my best comparison..

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

well that is all good info on the N3 im glad im hearing that now! Thanks so much for that..

As far as what I want. I am tuning the box to 29hz so I can slam Bigpimpin's stuff all day long and listen to techn9ne and get the wow factor off running 1 sub on 4k. I want hairtrick's and massive flex in my lil scion tc. All my stuff is in my sig and the amp is staying the same. I could only sell it for maybe 800$ and the upgrade would be a DC 7.5k 1600$ so umm yea lol..

Single sub playing that low won't be loud enough to make you turn it down, so expect to cook a lot of VC's. I don't care what you do mechanically to make the sub stronger a 3" VC can only take so much heat for so long.

I run an AQ HDC3 off 2 3500's at 1ohm each...daily. Does that mean it can take 7kw, not hardly. I keep it dialed back when playing low stuff and lean on it more when playing stuff in the mid/upper 40's.

Personally with your goals I'd go with 4 subs to increase motor strength/cone area and have a chance of doing hair tricks and not killing your subs every week...

Archived