New comps <$200

TerryBallou-Crawford

Alright, so I'm considering going 300 for the front comps. Listened to Focal today, sounded good but a little bright. Going to Kansas City and will listen to some Hertz and Rainbows, hopefully next to some Focals.

Go with the hertz. I had the rainbows and while i did like the tweeters on them better they couldn't really handle the abuse and I ended up blowing them. I have the Hertz hi energy's now and love them

What'd you spend on those? Are they 6.5"?

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71

Hertz HSK 165.3

JL Audio Slash 300/4

Fi BL15 Fully Loaded D2

Memphis 16-MCD1000

I just installed some Morel Maximo 6.5's in my front doors. No deadener, just drop and fit perfectly. Has a lot of mid bass and the clarity is superb. A lot better then the piece of shit powerbass comps I bought last year. My side mirrors shake now with these installed. So good I may get a set for the rear.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Like the price of those Morels. My dealer also recommended DLS UP6, says they're known for mid bass. My local dealer carries Arc Audio by doesnt have them demoed. I've heard great things about them though. Still leaning toward the Hertz HSK.

Thanks for the responses.

Hertz HSK 165.3

JL Audio Slash 300/4

Fi BL15 Fully Loaded D2

Memphis 16-MCD1000

Alright, so I'm considering going 300 for the front comps. Listened to Focal today, sounded good but a little bright. Going to Kansas City and will listen to some Hertz and Rainbows, hopefully next to some Focals.

Go with the hertz. I had the rainbows and while i did like the tweeters on them better they couldn't really handle the abuse and I ended up blowing them. I have the Hertz hi energy's now and love them

What'd you spend on those? Are they 6.5"?

yea there 6.5s and i got lucky i only ended up spending $250 from an authorized dealer

Well the current HSK is going for 450 and the ESK are 250, I figure I can't lose on these.

if they arent knockoffs. they are running rampant with taht

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Go to woofersetc.com you can find a lot of stuff there.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Honestly find a processor, that alone may be exactly what your looking for. Sometimes its not what you have its how you use it.

I've seen those but my stock speakers are honest crap, and some $30 Sony's would sound better.

Well the current HSK is going for 450 and the ESK are 250, I figure I can't lose on these.

if they arent knockoffs. they are running rampant with taht

I know he's an authorized dealer of Rainbow. He carries DLS and Hertz too. If I do buy them I will be in person, anything special to look for to confirm legitimacy?

Go to woofersetc.com you can find a lot of stuff there.

I use this site to find and compare stuff but have heard about too many scams and suspicious gear to ever shop there. Plus they're not authorized to sell anything (I think) which means no warranty.

Is this a regular cab truck?

Nope extended. Has 6.75" in front and 4x6 in the back, but have heard you can dremel the backs to 6.5" no problem. This is my plan.

The Hertz HSK 165 call for 125 watts rms. How much power would you give them? Also the DLS UP6 he has are $225 a pair. Says they have the best mid bass too. These were a demo set and I think he is only stocking Rainbow in the future, thus closing out DLS and Hertz.

Hertz HSK 165.3

JL Audio Slash 300/4

Fi BL15 Fully Loaded D2

Memphis 16-MCD1000

I took a grinder to my B-pillars to fit 5.25 comps. They're Fosgate Punch series and they're nice. I have a regular cab so they're right in your face. If the speakers you are looking at call for 125 watts, give them 100 to 125 of CLEAN unclipped power.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived