another 1911 i built. started as a ragged out colt commander. i did the two tone, reblued the slide, cut snake belly serrations in top of the slide, bobtailed, cut the tangs and fit the beavertail, and made the grips.did a few other things as well. only original parts were frame and slide.

5-1.jpg

6-2.jpg

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

just curious what do you guys pay for ammunition?? any preferrd brands?

i ask bc my step father works at fin feather n fur outfitters and he gives me his discount..so ammo is cheap..but i never get to pick the brand.jus whatever crap he brings home lol

Their prices are on par with every other place around here man...usually better, and if its just plinking ammo then it doesnt really matter what brand IMO as long as it functions well... Ive been shooting a f-ton of "indepence" .38spl from them becasue its piss cheap for a box, and its just re-packaged CCIBrass in an uglier box.... So Now I know you live around me..

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

i order alot of ammo in bulk and try like hell to stay away from steel cased, lacquer coated or corrosive shit. Im not a fan of the milsurp stuff either. I tend to pay more because of that but feel its better for my firearms to not have to be force fed that shitty stuff instead.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i order alot of ammo in bulk and try like hell to stay away from steel cased, lacquer coated or corrosive shit. Im not a fan of the milsurp stuff either. I tend to pay more because of that but feel its better for my firearms to not have to be force fed that shitty stuff instead.

why no steel case? its been proven a myth that steel cased ammo is harder on your gun. Ill try to dig up some links for the articles I read...and if you get really technical, the friction co-efficient(? i think thats the proper term) between steel and brass ammo cases isnt very different, also, if you look at it this way, brass casings can/will expand more, than a steel cased equivalent, increasing friction, which one lead one to believe it too would be hard on the firearm in question.... basically i look at it this way...shoot what you and the gun in question like... i run just about anything through all of my guns.. just curious is all.

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

alot of the steel cased stuff is just plain cheap and nasty. like the wolf or tbe silver bear stuff. keep that in mind with steel being harder than brass and its hard for me to believe its not going to cause more wear on extractors and stuff like that.

also if im out shooting im trying to be as accurate as possible. that cheaper steel ammo is just not as accurate. I want to practice like I play.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

alot of the steel cased stuff is just plain cheap and nasty. like the wolf or tbe silver bear stuff. keep that in mind with steel being harder than brass and its hard for me to believe its not going to cause more wear on extractors and stuff like that.

also if im out shooting im trying to be as accurate as possible. that cheaper steel ammo is just not as accurate. I want to practice like I play.

Good justification. And I see your logic....I do stay away from wolf, that bear shit, and that tul-ammo shit that has been popping up everywhere lately... wolf and esp. that tul ammo are dirtier than fingering your sister and finding your dads ring.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived