727Designs Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 I have a little of everything but I have a good amount of Snapon. I ave IR airtools, Bluepoint and Snapon and the Snapon gets the most use and never fails. My big ass IR impact is the best I've ever used. But budget dictates, I would hold out for Snapon. IR also makes Snap On, Mac, Matco, etc air tools. My MAC 5500 has an IR stamp on it. -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
flwatersaver Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 Napa is the easiest place to exchange tools. My selling FeedbackBuild log - Blazer C pillar wall, Two DC Audio 3.5k'sTEAM PSI
Airborne Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 I have a little of everything but I have a good amount of Snapon. I ave IR airtools, Bluepoint and Snapon and the Snapon gets the most use and never fails. My big ass IR impact is the best I've ever used. But budget dictates, I would hold out for Snapon. IR also makes Snap On, Mac, Matco, etc air tools. My MAC 5500 has an IR stamp on it. I just went out and looked and my MG31 is all Snapon. No IR stamps or markings
727Designs Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 I have a little of everything but I have a good amount of Snapon. I ave IR airtools, Bluepoint and Snapon and the Snapon gets the most use and never fails. My big ass IR impact is the best I've ever used. But budget dictates, I would hold out for Snapon. IR also makes Snap On, Mac, Matco, etc air tools. My MAC 5500 has an IR stamp on it. I just went out and looked and my MG31 is all Snapon. No IR stamps or markings Really? That's odd. The local Snap On rep told me that, checked my 5500 and sure enough. They may be making their own now, mine is going on 3 years old I guess. -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
Airborne Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 I have a little of everything but I have a good amount of Snapon. I ave IR airtools, Bluepoint and Snapon and the Snapon gets the most use and never fails. My big ass IR impact is the best I've ever used. But budget dictates, I would hold out for Snapon. IR also makes Snap On, Mac, Matco, etc air tools. My MAC 5500 has an IR stamp on it. I just went out and looked and my MG31 is all Snapon. No IR stamps or markings Really? That's odd. The local Snap On rep told me that, checked my 5500 and sure enough. They may be making their own now, mine is going on 3 years old I guess. My IR says "assembled in USA" while the snapon says "Made in USA" in WI. May just be the model?
727Designs Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 I have a little of everything but I have a good amount of Snapon. I ave IR airtools, Bluepoint and Snapon and the Snapon gets the most use and never fails. My big ass IR impact is the best I've ever used. But budget dictates, I would hold out for Snapon. IR also makes Snap On, Mac, Matco, etc air tools. My MAC 5500 has an IR stamp on it. I just went out and looked and my MG31 is all Snapon. No IR stamps or markings Really? That's odd. The local Snap On rep told me that, checked my 5500 and sure enough. They may be making their own now, mine is going on 3 years old I guess. My IR says "assembled in USA" while the snapon says "Made in USA" in WI. May just be the model? Not sure honestly. I haven't looked into purchasing any new air tools lately so it's very possible something has changed. Next time he stops by I'll be sure to find out. -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
getlocivic Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 craftsman air tools and the such are cheap crap.. only give 1yr warranty.. thier HAND tools...rachets sockets extension screwdrivers are lifetime warranty..i havent found anything better..period.. electric tools..drills etc DEWALT or milwaukee(spelling) snap on is the shit..but they are expensive and hard to find a snap on truck driving around if you need to return a tool..my stepfather was a snap on fan..in my earlier years so was i air tools.. air ratchets impacts air compressors yada yada.. i go ingersoll-rand.. ive been running the SAME ingersoll-rand 3/8" drive air impact for 14yrs without fail lol..and my air compressor never skips a beat either for the last 10yrs.. BUT then again u can have all these "expensive" tools..and ive had great luck with stanley and husky tools..
qu1cks1lver56 Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 I LOVE Snap-On tools, but HATE their price. I have several Husky and Kobalt tools, they've all been great so far and lifetime warrantys First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
Jd1102 Posted December 26, 2011 Author Report Posted December 26, 2011 I get 40% off snap-on due to school, I still don't buy them. I work as a mechanic on converting cars to run off propane. All I use is craftsman, no problems here. And you saying they void the warranty for mechanics, don't tell them. Also I have a few kobalt and husky, no problems with them either. Just saying why buy a tool not even ment for professional use and constantly go back to sears to exchange it if they don't want professionals to use it doesn't that say something about there tool?
Jd1102 Posted December 26, 2011 Author Report Posted December 26, 2011 craftsman air tools and the such are cheap crap.. only give 1yr warranty.. thier HAND tools...rachets sockets extension screwdrivers are lifetime warranty..i havent found anything better..period.. electric tools..drills etc DEWALT or milwaukee(spelling) snap on is the shit..but they are expensive and hard to find a snap on truck driving around if you need to return a tool..my stepfather was a snap on fan..in my earlier years so was i air tools.. air ratchets impacts air compressors yada yada.. i go ingersoll-rand.. ive been running the SAME ingersoll-rand 3/8" drive air impact for 14yrs without fail lol..and my air compressor never skips a beat either for the last 10yrs.. BUT then again u can have all these "expensive" tools..and ive had great luck with stanley and husky tools.. i love IR air tools thats prob what i will go with. but believe me snap-on makes way better ratchets and sockets than craftsman. and the snap on truck comes to the place im going to work so that won't be a problem
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.