Got my first Mac

i have the same mac :) im a big mac nerd so if u got any questions i can help you

and there could be many reasons why ur mac is running slow.most common. you have a lot of applications running at ones/ make sure your firmware is up to date have ur settings to "check for updates" every day preference/If you are finding your browser slow try clearing the cache and deleting your history...but the key is if its brand new you need to shut down you computer not manually nor a restart..let your battery die to were it shuts down.so your RAM would be cleared and refreshed..Run Activity Monitor on your computer to see the status as well..but i really think its just your internet connection lol.

Do you know what "ram" means? Random access memory. As soon as a computer reboots, ram is flushed.. I cant believe what you typed by saying let the batt die to clear the ram... That is some n00bish stuff right there.... WOW!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

like i said is most likely the slow ass internet that is available to us

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

That's cause it's a mac with sh**ty internal components

Macs actually use quite nice internals. The latest Intel processors, Intel manufactured motherboards, generally Crucial RAM, high quality screens, all aluminum body, etc. They just charge a fuck ton for it because they market it well and the vast majority of people don't know what they're buying anyway.

Have you ever gone to http://www.speedtest.net/ and tried clocking your internet speed. Check both speed and ping (I believe one test will do both). 3-4 Mbps download is about the same as a 3G wireless network. 8-10+ Mbps is what's usually recommended for gaming and full HD video streaming and stuff. If you've got a slower speed close to that of 3G and you're trying to load full webpages it can definitely cause issues. Many phones use "mobile" pages in their web browsers for this exact reason. Less data to load and less time to download it.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Main reason i bout the Mac is bc i got it for $900 off and they hard built extremely well and dont need repaired very often. I will do the speed test at home late tonight...i did it at my Dads house last night but forget exactly what it was...

1.4 down

.38 up

Edited by 99GPGTX

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

Lookin for ways to check my comp to make sure theres nothin making it run slow...seems like it runs slow a lot of the time. Not sure if its the internet or the computer..

MacBook Pro 15.

I only use mac's for design. They do run a bit slower to a similar spec'd pc

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Main reason i bout the Mac is bc i got it for $900 off and they hard built extremely well and dont need repaired very often. I will do the speed test at home late tonight...i did it at my Dads house last night but forget exactly what it was...

1.4 down

.38 up

You upload speed is terrible thats part of the slow feeling.

They are built ok, but don't buy into the hype. Ive run a computer repair business for almost 7 years, and believe me I have fixed my fair share of mac's..

For people who think mac's dont get viruses, your very wrong. And as far as built more tough... debatable...

My HP Probook has better specs, an all aluminum chassis, has taken more abuse and is a true workhorse for.... well half the price of my mac pro..

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

its true mac can get a virus but the odds of getting one is slim to none..and some pc do have better software then mac..but then again..mac gets the job done like any other computer and yeah they do cost a lot and u could get a pc with same specs for cheaper..but its not a mac..if you dont have a mac..well..then you dont have a mac :)

Stay Golden

its true mac can get a virus but the odds of getting one is slim to none..and some pc do have better software then mac..but then again..mac gets the job done like any other computer and yeah they do cost a lot and u could get a pc with same specs for cheaper..but its not a mac..if you dont have a mac..well..then you dont have a mac :)

mac is an end user thing. People who dont know what they are doing and hipsters prefer them. Video editing is pretty slick on them but it doesnt make me money.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.