Alpine and Kicker Product SUCK!!!

(MY SETUP IS BELOW) So I started the distortion test on my head unit and found that one of my RCA outputs was bad so I had to replace the Line Output Converter. After replacing the LOC I found that my head unit clips at 26/32. Then I went to set my bass amp, set all the settings on the amp like the manual specified and started to turn up the gain on the amp and immediately it found distortion somewhere before the first notch mark. That's not even 1/28 of the way up. Not to mention that the DD-1 only detected a signal and not the 40Hz yet. So I shot down to the Best Buy and bought a Kicker DX10001 amp to see how that stacked up against the Alpine and to no avail I ended up with the same result only this time I was able to turn up the gain a little more then the Alpine amp. Has anyone experienced this with any of there amps?

I eventually had to set everything up by ear "once again" until i can afford an oscope to insure there is no clipping.

I went to Alpines' website and somewhere it states that with there new technology it lowers the amount of distortion i.e. their claim is they have distortion within their product. Anyhow, my suggestion to anyone who decides to by an amp is stay far away from Alpine and Kicker Amps and invest a couple more dollars on some quality products.

Sounds like you're not using the DD-1 correctly. So instead of clowning on companies products, why don't you learn how to use the dd-1 then try it. Because i know i love my alpine H/U. And so what if it distorts at 26/32? better than 15/32.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Line out converter? Like something that you hook up to speaker wires that then turns into rcas? That's your damn problem. Don't blame it on the equipment.

The LOC should have its own "gain" knobs on it. Turn those down and start again.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

must be a low end loc. But true, it is the loc's issue.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Amazing how you are the only one finding these major issues....

NOT TRUE, others are experiencing similar issues, it could be user error though or possibly the LOC, but for example CJ18 is had a problem with his DD-1 similar to this. He talk to D^amoire and it was taken care off

Edited by miniSPLlancer

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

Sounds like you're not using the DD-1 correctly. So instead of clowning on companies products, why don't you learn how to use the dd-1 then try it. Because i know i love my alpine H/U. And so what if it distorts at 26/32? better than 15/32.

Line out converter? Like something that you hook up to speaker wires that then turns into rcas? That's your damn problem. Don't blame it on the equipment.

The LOS should have its own "gain" knobs on it. Turn those down and start again.

Amazing how you are the only one finding these major issues....

Yeah I have ran several different Kicker amps with no problems what-so-ever.

I think the real problem here is your knowledge and understanding of what your doing.

You should find out before you bash on peoples products.

Ever think about how many people here already use Alpine and Kicker? Think they wanna hear their stuff is junk?

Especially when it is not!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build