artists that clip

What are some of the main artists that put a lot of bass in there music clip from there cd's???? Whos puts out clipped music?

every artist

ok so then it just depends on how bad and much it clips? also if u see 1 or 2 small flat lines then would it be ok to play on a higher volume then?

every artist

ok so then it just depends on how bad and much it clips? also if u see 1 or 2 small flat lines then would it be ok to play on a higher volume then?

too many variables. IMO no song should be played full tilt without being aware of what you are playing

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

every artist

too many variables. IMO no song should be played full tilt without being aware of what you are playing

so if i tune everything how it should be and keep everything down just under full and try to find the cleanest music i can my system should be ok?

Eminem - Recovery - So Bad

thats just one of his clipped songs, and thats not even the worst. one song has a SOLID red bar about 1/4" long

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

IMO no song should be played full tilt without being aware of what you are playing

I completely agree. I check out every song in WMP scope before I play it in my car. I also check the amplitude of it's bass in Audacity to ensure that it doesn't exceed the level I have my system tuned for.

avoid things like these.

flzoqt.png

That doesn't show anything. The 'show clipping' feature in Audacity only shows when the track exceeds 0dB, it doesn't tell you if it's bass or not. It could be 32Hz, or it could be 18000Hz. The only real way you can tell is if you 'watch' the track and visibly inspect it for clipping. This can be accomplished by using the scope visualization in WMP, or by playing it in audacity when zoomed into the track's waveform, with the show clipping feature turned off so you can actually see it.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Clipping in audacity just means the wave is over -0db, iirc, not 100% sure.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/