Sundown Audio

Suggest an Amp for me please!!

USAFBordeaux

what about a 2ohm amp that's puts out 2000w?

you might be able to support a rockford 1501bd, 1600w RMS from 1-2ohms regulated, i ran both of mine at 1 ohm, never had a problem, you can find them as low as $150 on ebay, but i dont see any listed at the moment. You might want to check your local craigslist for some deals. There really isnt a reliable amp for under $300 that does decent power that isnt a few years old.

Edit: before someone tells me off, saying that the audiopipe 3000 is a great 1 ohm stable amp, it will play at 1 ohm for a while, but its not designed for it, and alot of them have caught fire because of it. It might do 1100w RMS at 2 ohms if you dont have any clipping.

Edited by SkylarDunn

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

don't forget amps are less efficient at lower ohms so it will hunger for power/amperage so that 120 amps seems like a snack

.5 ohms > 2 ohms

more amps > less amps

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

the 3000d is a 2 channel amp, hook each sub up to 1 channel, run the channel at 1 ohm. Nuff said. or a crescendo 2k run it at .5 ohm. draw even more current.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

If you only have $300 to spend, keep saving, you wont get anything worth a damn for that price. Save up enough for an alt, put that in, then save up $500 for a crescendo 3500 (i dont remember what they cost off hand).

why crescendo?

Because they're built well, priced well, and it uses the same board as the sundown 3500. If i was going to buy an amp, i'd buy one thats not going to blow its mosfets in a year (the audiopipe 3000 comes to mind, and its not even actually 1 ohm stable either)

It is...

You can only wire it to 2ohms due to it being 2 AP1500's strapped in one case. Run at 2ohms, call it a good damn day.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo