PCM controlled HO Alt Experience

Ok I have late model 2009 Chevy Tahoe and I'm looking at 2 companies for high output alts and both have answered all my questions very quickly. Now the problem is my alt is PCM controlled and that scares me because I don't want the alt to mess up the computer. The reason I'm so worried is because I'm a college student and I can't afford a new ride. So I'm asking anyone with a PCM controlled Alt to chime in on how they like their alt, what company you went with, and have you had any problems? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg

if the companies are not mechman or dc power start a new search.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

if the companies are not mechman or dc power start a new search.

Yes it's those 2, but I didn't want to start a comparison thread. I just want feedback from personal experiences.

2009 Tahoe

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

62c64997.jpg

Because if you get some cheap re-manufactured alt like powerbastards, you will be sorely disappointed when it does not perform as described, and you are out that money because all they will do is say that YOU fucked it up. We're not trying to be harsh, just informing you of what has happened here on the forum in the past and trying to give you the info before you screw up.

Also, last I heard Ohio Generator is ok too.

EDIT: Check with Ricky Friery or something like that, he has a newer tahoe I believe.

Because if you get some cheap re-manufactured alt like powerbastards, you will be sorely disappointed when it does not perform as described, and you are out that money because all they will do is say that YOU fucked it up. We're not trying to be harsh, just informing you of what has happened here on the forum in the past and trying to give you the info before you screw up.

EDIT: Check with Ricky Friery or something like that, he has a newer tahoe I believe.

Oh no powerbastards for me. I have been around long enough and heard the horror storys. I'm deciding between DC or Mech at this point. I can't remember if it's Ricky Friery that has a dual alt setup or someone else, but Merzbow said his DC 270 is ran off factory PCM and he has never had a problem I believe. I'm not tying to run dual I'm trying to just change my factory.

2009 Tahoe

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

62c64997.jpg

My Powermaster worked great like 7yrs. Then the voltage regulator went out. $80 got it rebuilt and sent back to me.

7 years that's awhile

2009 Tahoe

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

62c64997.jpg

Guest DC Power Kyle

There is no problems as long as you're running OEM components. Read this for how your RVC regulator works: http://www.duboismarketing.com/pages/article.asp?id=31

The only thing you need to do is isolate the factory alternator from the other alternators that you add on. Merzbow ran the factory 270XP for his mids and highs and car while the other 3 ran his sub amplifiers.

I've ran 3 DC power alts WITH an MLA in my 2008 Chevy silverado with NO problems. You'll be fine, without the MLA voltage WILL fluctuate from 13.8-14.9 after the MLA my voltage stayed at 14.9 all the time 15.5 at startup

I don't think my truck ever got to 13.8 before. I cold start at 15.2 and hot I sit at 14.4 sitting still after driving from school. I didn't think they made a MLA for the PCM trucks. Does the MLA throw any codes at all?

Edit: you said no problems.lol

2009 Tahoe

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

62c64997.jpg

Archived