Sonic Electronix

https://picasaweb.google.com/110622912573002766182/Truck?authkey=Gv1sRgCP2e8sCfurDyLw

there a link to my pictures.

now i disconnected the red and blue and screwed them together. to give the amp power.

now under the hood. i have the alternator running to the battery on the right of the fuse , and a wire comming off of that same bolt to the fuse box . and on the left side of the fuse is the power cord going to the fuse block into the cap.

you can barely make out anything in those pics man. but I see no capacitor.....are you talking about the Shuriken battery? the way you describe it is very confusing. for this setup all you would need is a run from alternator to starter battery fused, starter battery to shuriken fused, and shuriken to amp fused. and just make sure the batteries and amp are grounded with the same size wires and you should be good.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

you said you connected both ends of the positive wire together? (the one that used to go into the cap, and the one that went from the cap to the amp) thats a huge no-no dude. you have to replace the wire with a whole new run

cant he just use an inline fuse instead of running another wire?

anyways that happen to me when i went to install my amps last year like 10 months ago, stupid installer put 2 wires together and used zip ties to hold it then used blue tape like the one they use when you replacea window, i was so damn pissed and he said that it works so i told him since where it was done ran under the carpet wouldnt it create a short, he responded with thats why it has tape now step away and let me work im a proffecional, since i was in a hurry i let it go and got home later that night a fixed it running a new wire. few days later i complain to the shop he got fired and now i install my own amps since others dont give a crap about your things or if your car catches on fire. I still have that wire so if i ever see that guy working in another shop i can show the owner, anyways will take pics to show you guys.

OP sorry for the thread jack

you said you connected both ends of the positive wire together? (the one that used to go into the cap, and the one that went from the cap to the amp) thats a huge no-no dude. you have to replace the wire with a whole new run

cant he just use an inline fuse instead of running another wire?

anyways that happen to me when i went to install my amps last year like 10 months ago, stupid installer put 2 wires together and used zip ties to hold it then used blue tape like the one they use when you replacea window, i was so damn pissed and he said that it works so i told him since where it was done ran under the carpet wouldnt it create a short, he responded with thats why it has tape now step away and let me work im a proffecional, since i was in a hurry i let it go and got home later that night a fixed it running a new wire. few days later i complain to the shop he got fired and now i install my own amps since others dont give a crap about your things or if your car catches on fire. I still have that wire so if i ever see that guy working in another shop i can show the owner, anyways will take pics to show you guys.

OP sorry for the thread jack

The only reason I'd connect two ends is with speaker wire, not power wires.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

sorry. the pictures were taking at night. kinda hard to get a clear picture with flash. but anyways, what your trying to say is that i need to have 3 fuses?

yep all you should need is a run from alternator to starter battery with a fuse, starter battery to shuriken with a fuse, and shuriken to amp with a fuse. make sure your ground wires are the same size as the power wires and going to good solid, metal to metal contacts. all terminals should be secured tightly for a good connection. no breaks in the wire except to bolt to fuse blocks. if you still see heavy voltage drop after this, theres something else wrong.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

its all good. this thread is to help people. but im still not understanding as to what i need to do.

im still new to doing this all myself. ive had two shops work on my truck not knowing what they're doing.

so im learning right now.

so i should be doing the big 3 here pretty soon , but im still not understanding the hole/ alt to starter battery fused.... starter battery to cap fused...... cap to amp fused...

its all good. this thread is to help people. but im still not understanding as to what i need to do.

im still new to doing this all myself. ive had two shops work on my truck not knowing what they're doing.

so im learning right now.

so i should be doing the big 3 here pretty soon , but im still not understanding the hole/ alt to starter battery fused.... starter battery to cap fused...... cap to amp fused...

Um, This is how I did mine...I wired it from alt > starter battery. Not fused...but if you want to fuse, it has to be 12"-18" away from the battery. Then you'd want to fuse the starter to cap. 12-18" away from the starter battery. run the line to the cap, then fuse the line that is going from the cap to the amp.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]