pioneer 4100

pioneer are great H/Us the sound quality is better than kenwood

Not in my case I went through multiple pioneer head units and had one as a spare then sold my avic n1 (it was old yes I know but still a good unit) and bought a top of the line excelon unit without a screen and it had way better sound quality and way more adjustability....it was the x993 and I traded it for this 4100, and loved that kenwood unit so if I can't get the problems fixed with this pioneer I'll be selling it and going back to kenwood. Hopefully Matt can show me how the relay needs to be wired cause I know a toggle switch will work I just don't wanna have to flip one every time. I'm gonna try to ground out the rcas from the eq to the amp and see if that stops it. I did read about the pico fuse and heard its a common problem. The RCA swap I'll try later today as well as grounding out the rcas from the eq to the amp, and hopefully Matt can tell me how his relay is wired and ill try that to see if it works, if not I guess a toggle switch is my only option. Or sell it and save up and go to a kenwood unit with a screen so I can still use the back up camera I bought and installed. I'll start it up again and look for the ok while it's hooked up to the relay but if Matt is saying his relay has power going to it mine doesn't only a remote wire. But there is a peg in the middle left open and if that needs a 12v I'll put it there to work.

Thanks for the help guys...I hope we can get this solved I really do like the look of the deck and don't wanna go through the hassle of selling it, being without one and waiting for a new one, I would just like to get the relay working and as much if not all of the noise gone.

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

pioneer are great H/Us the sound quality is better than kenwood

and thats a subjective thing. I wouldnt piss on a pioneer if it was on fire

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

^^ya i have a pioneer and i wouldn't even say their sq is better than kenwood...

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

Same here like I said my Kenwood had far better sq but then again it was the best non screen deck they made at the time and.this 4100 isn't pioneers best so I obviously can't compare other than right now with the problems I'm having I sure miss my Kenwood lol

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

on the relay it goes like this 86 87 ground together, 30 goes to green parking brake wire from cd/dvd player, 85 to your remote wire on cd/dvd player, and you do still have to hit the ok in the corner of screen, also theres 2 differnt types of ipod cables ones for audio only and theres another for audio/ video, think the part number is cd-iu50v

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

Right now I'm just using the usb for my ipod if I can get this headunit to work with the relay and get rid of the ground noise ill buy the ipod buss adapter you listed above after i jailbreak my iPad and kasey helps me fiberglass that into the dash so video will show on that screen and the others I put in so I can use my phone as a hotspot and watch netflix on all the monitors. That's only if I can get this headunit working right

Edited by loganberry

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

on the relay it goes like this 86 87 ground together, 30 goes to green parking brake wire from cd/dvd player, 85 to your remote wire on cd/dvd player, and you do still have to hit the ok in the corner of screen, also theres 2 differnt types of ipod cables ones for audio only and theres another for audio/ video, think the part number is cd-iu50v

I'll rewire the relay cause what I posted above is what I found from another site and it is wired differently from what you said, so ill try your way later when I get home. Prolly tommorro and report back, I'm also gonna ground the rcas going from the eq to the amp and see if that helps. Engine noise is such a known problem with pioneers I don't know why they don't spend the money on fixing the pico fuse so it can't blow or something, its not like their a small company and hurting for money...just my .02

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

Im sorry logan, but I havent had a chance to look to see how it's wired. Been busy with the kids and stuff. I went off what someone off youtube did it, it was some shop that had a step by step explanation on how to do it. It was the video that kasey posted earlier. Remember to click the ok button in the right hand corner of the blue screen to get to the video screen.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3