3 Fi x10...good idea or bad idea?

swheeler.92

so i'm a little new to the audio scene and all i've ever really done audio wise was door speakers and my old kicker L5. But now i want more. I bought a box that has 1.7 cubic feet of air space. It's a sealed box built to hold 3 tens. Well i dont want to spend a fortune on my system so i was thinking about getting the Fi x10. according to the site its max sealed requirement is .5 cubic feet and it displaces 0.06 cubic feet...with three of them in the box that means all together it needs 1.5 cubic feet and once you add in the displacement of all three subs it leaves me 0.02 over the max for the subs...as i said, i'm new to all the audio stuff for the most part and my old sub came in its box, i just want some opinions of people who know a little more on weather or not this is a good move before i go and spend 109 plus shipping a piece on these subs.

well if you want to do sealed, it should work fine. But 2 10's ported would probably be louder. good subs though

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

That would be ok on the subs. Fi's are tough. Everyone will say though, prebuilt box=bad. Sealed aren't as bad but still aren't good by any means. For trying to save money though it's ok. Is it a box made to go under the back of a truck seat?

I'd suggest just spending the extra like $75 to buy a sheet of mdf and glue and what not, and build a box.

That would be ok on the subs. Fi's are tough. Everyone will say though, prebuilt box=bad. Sealed aren't as bad but still aren't good by any means. For trying to save money though it's ok. Is it a box made to go under the back of a truck seat?

I'd suggest just spending the extra like $75 to buy a sheet of mdf and glue and what not, and build a box.

i bought the box off a local place that deals in all sorts of audio stuff. the box is made of mdf board already and just to be on the safe side i bought a tube of liquid nails and run it along all the edges. and no its not made for a truck, it was built to slide right in the very back of my trunk against the back seat of my car...i gave them height and width dimensions and they built it for my car.

i bought the box off a local place that deals in all sorts of audio stuff. the box is made of mdf board already and just to be on the safe side i bought a tube of liquid nails and run it along all the edges. and no its not made for a truck, it was built to slide right in the very back of my trunk against the back seat of my car...i gave them height and width dimensions and they built it for my car.

Oh good idea. You should be fine then. But definitely for an upgrade later, build a ported box.

Oh good idea. You should be fine then. But definitely for an upgrade later, build a ported box.

i'll be sure to make my next box ported...any suggestions on a decent amp to run them around their rms?

I've heard four of these the tens on a sundown 1500 and it did 153 db. Granted it was a crx still pretty loud

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Archived