Second Skin Audio

Question about running a broken in sub and a new sub

I have one DC XL 18" powered by my RF T2500BDCP, it's been playing for a few months and is fully broken in

I will have a freshly reconed XL 18" with the next few weeks, I will be running the pair on the RF T2500bdcp @ 1 ohm, will I have any problems with one being new and one fully broken in?

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

what i ve heard about sub break in is that f it let emm bump but idk never rlly put it to the test

If you read the post correctly, that is not the case.

you could play the fresh reconed one free air at a low freq, low volume for a little to lossen up the suspension

This is what I would reccomend. Or bump the new 18 in the same enclosure and rebuild once both have been broken in.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

just dont go full tilt for a lil bit

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

what i ve heard about sub break in is that f it let emm bump but idk never rlly put it to the test

If you read the post correctly, that is not the case.

you could play the fresh reconed one free air at a low freq, low volume for a little to lossen up the suspension

This is what I would reccomend. Or bump the new 18 in the same enclosure and rebuild once both have been broken in.

I didn't think about running the new one in my current enclosure, I may just do that

Good idea!

Id run the new one alone for a while... I tried the freeair trick and it takes time and doesn't work that great I think running it on music in the box is best...oh and id do 10 cubes net with 160sq of port tuned to 36... for 2 subs should slam... I've tried bigger in my hoe and didn't like it. I got those specs from a buddy that had 2 slamming in his hoe...

Edited by dc98hoe

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Id run the new one alone for a while... I tried the freeair trick and it takes time and doesn't work that great I think running it on music in the box is best...oh and id do 10 cubes net with 160sq of port tuned to 36... for 2 subs should slam... I've tried bigger in my hoe and didn't like it. I got those specs from a buddy that had 2 slamming in his hoe...

yea i will probably throw it in my current enclosure til its broken in and take my time building a nice new enclosure

i kinda feel like 10 cubes net is a lil small for 2500wRms for the pair, im thinking start with 12 cubes net and maybe make some removable parts to shrink the box and see what works better. im not interested in numbers this is a daily GP but i hope for atleast a 50 out of it