Sonic Electronix

How much of a difference should I expect?

Right now I have 3 12" Type Rs all on a 1000 watt alpine amp on 4 guage wires.....Im thinking about upgrading to the 2000 watt alpine model or something similar and running new 0 gauge wire lines.

I expect it would get louder, but would it be enough to justify the purchase?

Build In Progress for Slamology 2013

3 m1xl 18s walled in a gti

1 5k

4 batts

audio technix 1/0

8 cheap r/f 6.5s

mb quart 4.60

i would never tell someone not to upgrade their power if you have the money go for it..but with the new amp id upgrade your front battery and possibly a good second for the rear..easiest way to get loud though is the enclosure in all honestly tho :shrug:

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

doubling the power, you should get noticeably louder and more things should start falling off :P

edit: ninja'd with good info, i'd listen to him. you should do the big 3 too

Right now I have 3 12" Type Rs all on a 1000 watt alpine amp on 4 guage wires.....Im thinking about upgrading to the 2000 watt alpine model or something similar and running new 0 gauge wire lines.

Yeah it'll be louder, I don't think anyone can say if it will be worth money though. What ohm do you have them wired to at the moment? Also, what kind of box do you have? homemade or store bought?

Honestly, by only doubling your power, it wont get any louder to your ear.. A termlab meter, sure it will be louder.

You need a 2-3db gain for most to hear something getting louder, and you will be lucky to gain 1db just by upgrading to a amp 1000watts larger.

Then you got to look at the new amp that makes more wattage is going to need more current to make that power. Upgrading wire to 0/1 will help a little bit, but not no where near as good as a good battery.

I went from a Kicker400.1 at 2 ohms to a DC1.2K at 2 Ohms(so 800 watts).

Double the power but I hardly heard a difference. If any.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Yeah it'll be louder, I don't think anyone can say if it will be worth money though. What ohm do you have them wired to at the moment? Also, what kind of box do you have? homemade or store bought?

The amp is 1000 at 2ohms and i think its at technically like 2.7 or something. The box was built.

1 5k

4 batts

audio technix 1/0

8 cheap r/f 6.5s

mb quart 4.60

If you havea sealed box.go ported

If you havea sealed box.go ported

Its around a 6 cubic foot box, 3 sep. chambers each having a port.

Thought about a new box but i doubt anything will sound louder...or fit in the g6 trunk.

1 5k

4 batts

audio technix 1/0

8 cheap r/f 6.5s

mb quart 4.60

Archived