Sonic Electronix

How much of a difference should I expect?

Honestly, by only doubling your power, it wont get any louder to your ear.. A termlab meter, sure it will be louder.

You need a 2-3db gain for most to hear something getting louder, and you will be lucky to gain 1db just by upgrading to a amp 1000watts larger.

Then you got to look at the new amp that makes more wattage is going to need more current to make that power. Upgrading wire to 0/1 will help a little bit, but not no where near as good as a good battery.

but doubling the power is a 3db gain on paper. i dont see how he wouldn't see a significant gain

On paper yes.buy real world use you can't figure that's why you nay see 1-1.5 db gain as people say cause they tried and error

Well I have 2 sheets of mdf and a weekend to try some things I guess.

I got about $600 for a new amp and battery so I can def. get something decent.

Build In Progress for Slamology 2013

3 m1xl 18s walled in a gti

1 5k

4 batts

audio technix 1/0

8 cheap r/f 6.5s

mb quart 4.60

Honestly, by only doubling your power, it wont get any louder to your ear.. A termlab meter, sure it will be louder.

You need a 2-3db gain for most to hear something getting louder, and you will be lucky to gain 1db just by upgrading to a amp 1000watts larger.

Then you got to look at the new amp that makes more wattage is going to need more current to make that power. Upgrading wire to 0/1 will help a little bit, but not no where near as good as a good battery.

but doubling the power is a 3db gain on paper. i dont see how he wouldn't see a significant gain

Then you must not have much experience. If doubling power was an automatic 3db gain, EVERYONE would be doubling power. There is so much more than just...doubling power. You have enclosure, and how that enclosure reacts to a given woofer on certain power level, vehicle, etc.

I have not seen 3db gains by doubling power, but find a nice addition doubling cone area and power.

I'm going from three 15"s and 12k to six 15"s and 24k.

i gained 5db by doubling power

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Same enclosure? Subs underpowered to begin with? Either way, congrats. But there is always going to be an exception. Theres too many people spouting a rule on paper with 0 experience in respect to the rule.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Same enclosure? Subs underpowered to begin with? Either way, congrats. But there is always going to be an exception. Theres too many people spouting a rule on paper with 0 experience in respect to the rule.

yep, same box. 145 up to a 150. even had the same amps.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

That's nice. Was power clamped or just RMS power? I might say the enclosure was better suited for more power. There are a lot of factors. I've gained by doubling power, but not always 3db. Sometimes even lost when I went from 4,000 to 8,000 lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

went from two 1500's strapped at 2ohm to strapped at .5ohm. went from 1000w to 3000w clamped.

and i did run that daily =)

I would try to build a new box with a slot port with everything sealed from trunk blowing forward into the cabin...if you can't do all 3 subs try that setup with just 2...it should help alot

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Im seriously considering selling the alpine stuff and get a aq1200 and a hdc318...........hmm

Build In Progress for Slamology 2013

3 m1xl 18s walled in a gti

1 5k

4 batts

audio technix 1/0

8 cheap r/f 6.5s

mb quart 4.60

Archived