Sonic Electronix

EE spends so little time on LV (12v) is why i said that.

Opposed to someone that strictly deals with 12vdc

One of the craziest installs tech wise was built by an EE

But.. Ive also had to redo many jobs done by EE's cause they only understood it on paper, and couldnt grasp the real world part, nor troubleshoot.

I pride myself on being 1 hell of a dc troubleshoot guy.

Nelson although young, has great skill on the real world aspect of 12v

in reality, a lot of any type of engineer is like this. big on theory and how it looks on paper, then when it doesnt work of fit, WTF DO I DO NOW!?!?!

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

in reality, a lot of any type of engineer is like this. big on theory and how it looks on paper, then when it doesnt work of fit, WTF DO I DO NOW!?!?!

Not true. Electrical engineers deal with big voltage systems. Power transmission etc, They tend to be big on theory because if they fuck up the theory then the real expensive system they just designed and built for someone wont work.

Electronic engineers have most likely designed or built proto`s of most of the amps and electronic devices you use.... Troubleshootings part of the territory.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

I didnt bring up electronic engineers

Ps. Im going home. Woot!!

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

i dont even see it being any better as far as being cost effective.

with your $50 per foot, i could get 13 runs of 0 gauge. even if you only rely on it for 150 amps each run, thats still 2000 amps carrying capacity. i dont know of too many people with more than 2000 amps from their alternators. therefore, the 13 runs would be much easier to run, more flexible, and no made to order/custom stuff needed. that, and most people dont need 13 runs of 0 gauge, so therefore its just cheaper to buy a few or however many runs of 0 gauge. sure the wire has a wow factor, but not practical, efficient, or cost effective in car audio.

I never said 50', and I wasn't talking about the price of the wire vs. the price of runs of 1/0. I'm talking about the blocks, lugs, fuseholders, etc. for multiple runs, and remeber I have to replace the ghetto 'car audio brands' of connectors and whatnot every couple years......

The lug I pulled up was a quick example - of course there are companies that have them in stock, they're just hard to find.

Flexible - this is nice, but depends on the car. On my old Ford it would not have been difficult to run massive cable. On my Honda, it would truly be impossible. 1/0 'car audio cable' was tough enough.

and i never said you said 50'. i dont even know what youre talking about. i said 50 dollars per foot, which is what you said in a previous reply. sure you may not have been talking about the price of this and that, but you asked why people dont use this big ass wire. well, thats one reason. you asked a question, i gave you input. sorry i gave you an answer to your question and you took it the wrong way. i dont understand what you mean by "I'm talking about the blocks, lugs, fuseholders, etc." where were you talking about that? i missed it (try to not take that as me being a dick, just simply asking)

another suggestion, dont use "ghetto" car audio brands. buy from quality brands. oh, and theres another reason. you say you have to replace them every couple years, well the guys running systems this big and crazy (where they COULD have a use for the wire) typically rebuild quite often, so buying new shit isnt new to them. and if the special lugs and accesories arent very easy to find, or are special order, thus another reason why theyre not too common. in addition to that, the rest of the world isnt as cold as alaska or have the same weather conditions, therefore the stuff that lasts you a few years, will last them as long as they need. so that aspect of the giant crazy wire, sure, theres a target market for it. but its only the people living in the conditions you live in. also, (again, im not being a dick) what are the weather conditions like where YOU live? typical high and low temps? average snowfall? just curious.

really hope you weather this storm of people in this thread. im not trying to be one to go against you, just putting in my input is all. i feel bad for new guys that come to this forum and get swarmed and overwhelmed and leave the site. some are just noobs with good intentions and i feel bad. but with somebody thats potentially valuable to this forum, such as yourself, it would really suck to see them go. welcome to SMD

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

The issue is not with his knowledge Ray, its the way he comes off as being better than everyone. Why not use the 727mcm wire? Easy, it doesn't fit. I'll listen and learn form anybody that knows their shit, but not if they come off as talking down to those that don't know as much.

Sorry if I came across that way. You were all over me in a hurry, and I don't know what I said to set it off. I really did start this thread to ask the people with experience.

Now I know some of you guys run bigger than 1/0, but not insane. That's what I already thought, just wanted to confirm. I am still on the lookout for some 1000mcm+ wires in a car :D I'd like to put some big momma cable in my truck for the fun of it.

I find it funny when I get a bunch of guys saying I can't use an 'AC breaker' and how 'voltage doesn't drop in a wire'

I have known some very competent EE's, and some guys that would have a hard time screwing in a light bulb......

I bet I could pass all the classes to be an EE up until year 3 right now. Not saying 'I'm the Best' - just saying I know theory pretty well.

Tuani Fabrication

Wasilla, AK

i dont even see it being any better as far as being cost effective.

with your $50 per foot, i could get 13 runs of 0 gauge. even if you only rely on it for 150 amps each run, thats still 2000 amps carrying capacity. i dont know of too many people with more than 2000 amps from their alternators. therefore, the 13 runs would be much easier to run, more flexible, and no made to order/custom stuff needed. that, and most people dont need 13 runs of 0 gauge, so therefore its just cheaper to buy a few or however many runs of 0 gauge. sure the wire has a wow factor, but not practical, efficient, or cost effective in car audio.

I never said 50', and I wasn't talking about the price of the wire vs. the price of runs of 1/0. I'm talking about the blocks, lugs, fuseholders, etc. for multiple runs, and remeber I have to replace the ghetto 'car audio brands' of connectors and whatnot every couple years......

The lug I pulled up was a quick example - of course there are companies that have them in stock, they're just hard to find.

Flexible - this is nice, but depends on the car. On my old Ford it would not have been difficult to run massive cable. On my Honda, it would truly be impossible. 1/0 'car audio cable' was tough enough.

and i never said you said 50'. i dont even know what youre talking about. i said 50 dollars per foot, which is what you said in a previous reply. sure you may not have been talking about the price of this and that, but you asked why people dont use this big ass wire. well, thats one reason. you asked a question, i gave you input. sorry i gave you an answer to your question and you took it the wrong way. i dont understand what you mean by "I'm talking about the blocks, lugs, fuseholders, etc." where were you talking about that? i missed it (try to not take that as me being a dick, just simply asking)

another suggestion, dont use "ghetto" car audio brands. buy from quality brands. oh, and theres another reason. you say you have to replace them every couple years, well the guys running systems this big and crazy (where they COULD have a use for the wire) typically rebuild quite often, so buying new shit isnt new to them. and if the special lugs and accesories arent very easy to find, or are special order, thus another reason why theyre not too common. in addition to that, the rest of the world isnt as cold as alaska or have the same weather conditions, therefore the stuff that lasts you a few years, will last them as long as they need. so that aspect of the giant crazy wire, sure, theres a target market for it. but its only the people living in the conditions you live in. also, (again, im not being a dick) what are the weather conditions like where YOU live? typical high and low temps? average snowfall? just curious.

really hope you weather this storm of people in this thread. im not trying to be one to go against you, just putting in my input is all. i feel bad for new guys that come to this forum and get swarmed and overwhelmed and leave the site. some are just noobs with good intentions and i feel bad. but with somebody thats potentially valuable to this forum, such as yourself, it would really suck to see them go. welcome to SMD

All good

- I simply had a typo in my reply quote the last time - I meant $50.

The 'cheap' stuff I'm referring to is not necessarily cheap on the price tag. Tsunami, and some Raptor, old PG stuff (got a giant box of oldies) and Stinger.

Tuani Fabrication

Wasilla, AK

Pass the PG box this way.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

The issue is not with his knowledge Ray, its the way he comes off as being better than everyone. Why not use the 727mcm wire? Easy, it doesn't fit. I'll listen and learn form anybody that knows their shit, but not if they come off as talking down to those that don't know as much.

Sorry if I came across that way. You were all over me in a hurry, and I don't know what I said to set it off. I really did start this thread to ask the people with experience.

Now I know some of you guys run bigger than 1/0, but not insane. That's what I already thought, just wanted to confirm. I am still on the lookout for some 1000mcm+ wires in a car :D I'd like to put some big momma cable in my truck for the fun of it.

I find it funny when I get a bunch of guys saying I can't use an 'AC breaker' and how 'voltage doesn't drop in a wire'

I have known some very competent EE's, and some guys that would have a hard time screwing in a light bulb......

I bet I could pass all the classes to be an EE up until year 3 right now. Not saying 'I'm the Best' - just saying I know theory pretty well.

When I first started in school we had 111 potential EEs( your not one until you graduate) and after year 4 we had 15. It isn't for everyone. I could probably past the mecp master exam without even looking at one piece of reference material so again who gives a shit.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

To be clear on the matter, if you are referring to me, I didn't realize you were talking about voltage drop at max current draw. I was thinking you were saying if your battery showed 14v then the other end of the wire would show 15% less.

So you can see my confusion at what I thought you said, chalk that one up to my stellar reading skills :)

As far as 1/0 current capacity, seems to be some conflicting information out there, and seeing as I have little background other than picking my step-dad's brain for 25 years, I got nothing to back up my claim other than a couple web pages.

so yeah :) lol

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived