Becoming an Auto Body Repair Specalist Question.

So I am looking to go to college for Auto Body Repair and my parents brought up something, I have a form of color blindness where I can't quite tell what colors are there is only a few colors the i have troubles with like if its a really bright red sometimes it looks orange to me, and sometimes a mix light brown up with green. So my question is do you think I can overcome this because its only those two colors and i can see shades well?

Thanks,

KCowboy620

!999.5 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Planet Audio BIg Bang 15

Powerbass 1500,1

Im also color blind little worse than you shades are a prob for me. I have a hard time with more colors too. I work in a cabinet shop, dealing with different species of wood. I had to learn ways around seeing off colors like different shades of gray in maple, or the greener side of poplar. If I have an issue and cant make up my mind on what side is the better side or whatever I ask…never be ashamed to ask. I think you can over come it don't let something that small stop you from doin what you want to do.

Just like the guy said before me...dont let something so small stop you. Even if you need to..you can have someone else look at the color before you use it. Or you can have samples on a paper that will show you the difference. There are a lot of techniques out there...dont let one small problem stop you from doing something you love.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Im also color blind little worse than you shades are a prob for me. I have a hard time with more colors too. I work in a cabinet shop, dealing with different species of wood. I had to learn ways around seeing off colors like different shades of gray in maple, or the greener side of poplar. If I have an issue and cant make up my mind on what side is the better side or whatever I ask…never be ashamed to ask. I think you can over come it don't let something that small stop you from doin what you want to do.

Just like the guy said before me...dont let something so small stop you. Even if you need to..you can have someone else look at the color before you use it. Or you can have samples on a paper that will show you the difference. There are a lot of techniques out there...dont let one small problem stop you from doing something you love.

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I am still gonna go for it and if it ends up being to incredibly hard to do then I am gonna go for Auto Tech which I still might do even if go through with Auto Body,

Thanks again guys,

KCowboy620

!999.5 Volkswagen Jetta

Powerbass 1500,1

interestingly enough man, when I went to school for autobody they told us that some of the best color match painters they met were colorblind to a certain extent. they said it helped them see shades better than people who aren't colorblind; so you may be able to see if a color is too dark, too light, or flops too dark/light comparing to the original on the car. Id definitely still pursue it man, and like everyone else says, just ask. :good:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

interestingly enough man, when I went to school for autobody they told us that some of the best color match painters they met were colorblind to a certain extent. they said it helped them see shades better than people who aren't colorblind; so you may be able to see if a color is too dark, too light, or flops too dark/light comparing to the original on the car. Id definitely still pursue it man, and like everyone else says, just ask. :good:

Thats cool i hope the same goes for myself because i feel like i can see shades pretty well.

!999.5 Volkswagen Jetta

Powerbass 1500,1

• 2 months later...

If colours are an issue for you, you can simply just learn body repair & prep, without learning paint or paint correction.

Though you might wanna look into the industry as a whole, some states are paid only half as much as others, and in general

the industry is slowly being choked by insurance companies and owners who do not/cannot look after their cars.

'91 Trooper - 12 x 15's