Sonic Electronix

I'm not even upset? lol there is 2 Frankensteins. But the other just has 18s I believe. Didn't want some confusion with "loudness". Frankenstien with the 2 15's and 2 18's is LOUD. Not sure on the scores.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

could you just recone and get another bascket?

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

LOL! I knew this would get all messed up! OP, all in all I would suggest avoiding doing so if you have no box building experience like people are suggesting.... You would need to put them in separate boxes tuned slightly different and have to have different amps on each sub.

It is very well possible to do, Frankenstein is a prime example. Just to do it requires lots of time and research, excluding equipment.

my 12"s were louder than that thing. prime example of why you shouldnt mix and match.

If you ever heard Frankenstein, it was that show in Lebanon, TN when it had the FI's and AQ 3's on 5,000 RE Audio watts and a 260 amp alternator... It is a little different now with the AQ HDC4's and running all AQ AMPS at .5 ohms (approx 10,000 watts now) and 2 DC Power 400 amp alts... Back then it would do a 149.7 at the headrest (at the last event it went to with that config) now it will do 152 something at 34hz.... Plus, you know I don't do builds for the meter... Even Yu-Kong sucks on the meter... it only does a 155.4 (prolly a little more now that I gained the amps up) It's just my systems are VERY musical and will play that all day long... Rebel4055 and Jayrapboy can attest, hell even EXO can attest that my systems will hammer wide open for hours on end... There are videos all over of my rides hammering for minutes on end...

I do agree, if you think about it, if you have 2 subs tuned differently, you are sacrificing a louder peak for spl events...

In separate boxes and on separate amps you will have no problems. Don't listen to the people that say you can't.

I gotta feeling there are going to be a lot of people eating their words about mixing subs come SBN when EXO takes it there!

But no matter what people will say that it could be louder with all 15's or 18's yada yada... everyone is overlooking the reason this was built like this.

If you want numbers, dont mix subs, tune to 60hz and enjoy your tones... If you want to play anything and everything, do multiple tuning and play from 25hz to 60hz pretty evenly...

I think I am going to do a mixing subs death challenge to people that have 4 matching subs... Play a 60 second 60hz tone and a 60 second 20hz tone and average the scores together (if they are still playing at the end) Now there are people with 30,000 watts and 4 subs like Meade that could, but that is because of his smaller ports and $75,000 worth of equipment... But how many can do a setup like his?! LOL!

If Dom Iraggi does what him and I were talking about with his Tahoe (16 AB HD 18's dual tuned) people will think differently because his comment to me was "People that say you cannot mix sub sizes and do multiple tuning don't know shit about audio"... A lot of people don't know this but Dom was one of the founders of MECA and knows his shit with audio... Come on, 174 DB out of 5.25's??? LOL!

In separate boxes and on separate amps you will have no problems. Don't listen to the people that say you can't.

I gotta feeling there are going to be a lot of people eating their words about mixing subs come SBN when EXO takes it there!

But no matter what people will say that it could be louder with all 15's or 18's yada yada... everyone is overlooking the reason this was built like this.

If you want numbers, dont mix subs, tune to 60hz and enjoy your tones... If you want to play anything and everything, do multiple tuning and play from 25hz to 60hz pretty evenly...

I think I am going to do a mixing subs death challenge to people that have 4 matching subs... Play a 60 second 60hz tone and a 60 second 20hz tone and average the scores together (if they are still playing at the end) Now there are people with 30,000 watts and 4 subs like Meade that could, but that is because of his smaller ports and $75,000 worth of equipment... But how many can do a setup like his?! LOL!

If Dom Iraggi does what him and I were talking about with his Tahoe (16 AB HD 18's dual tuned) people will think differently because his comment to me was "People that say you cannot mix sub sizes and do multiple tuning don't know shit about audio"... A lot of people don't know this but Dom was one of the founders of MECA and knows his shit with audio... Come on, 174 DB out of 5.25's??? LOL!

ill take that challange my 4 matching subs vs any mix matched system 20 to 70 hz flat responce can you say bandpass?

why sacarvice some things with mix matched subs when you can do it right and have the same results???

and your point about having matching subs for numbers and 60hz is not valid Alan Dante has 2 18's and 2 10's doing 180's :trippy:

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

ill take that challange my 4 matching subs vs any mix matched system 20 to 70 hz flat responce can you say bandpass?

why sacarvice some things with mix matched subs when you can do it right and have the same results???

and your point about having matching subs for numbers and 60hz is not valid Alan Dante has 2 18's and 2 10's doing 180's :trippy:

Perfect... I will bring my Term-Lab to SBN... I will put Frankenstein up against ANY 4 sub build when it comes to playing wide range of frequencies evenly, I ain't scared! LOL! As for the comment I made about numbers and same size subs, that was a reference... If you are going for numbers you would normally not try to mix sub sizes. I only did it because that is what I had laying around the shop at the time and I could give a flying rats ass about numbers. All my other builds are all same size subs. According to everyone you cannot mix sub sizes because they will not be loud and sound distorted... BUT, you proved my point with the Alan Dante comment and mixing subs can be loud.

Archived