Sundown Audio

Saz-1500d Or Rf-1500d

Thewes

I know theres no real simple answer to which is better, but its more of from past experience type of question. I was planning on getting 2 RF-1500D's, and throwing each onto one of my 15's but after hearing and reading a couple things, Im starting to think I should switch over to the SAZ-1500D. Problem is, I already have one RF1500, so is there even that much of a quality difference between the two amps to make me switch? I want to hear some stories from people who have actually owned the amps, are the RF1500's a good solid amp? Let me know.

teamsundown-1.jpg

as you know from this site, RF is a very good amp. i havent used any, but i have 2 saz-3000d's and i love them. but being that you already have one RF amp, it'll be more worth it to just get another imo. save time and money. just my 2 cents

as you know from this site, RF is a very good amp. i havent used any, but i have 2 saz-3000d's and i love them. but being that you already have one RF amp, it'll be more worth it to just get another imo. save time and money. just my 2 cents

Thats pretty much my logic behind it, but if the sundowns are as good as people claim, and rockfords do have over heating problems (the new ones, alot smaller), then I don't know what to do.

teamsundown-1.jpg

Thats pretty much my logic behind it, but if the sundowns are as good as people claim, and rockfords do have over heating problems (the new ones, alot smaller), then I don't know what to do.

I f you mount the new Fosgates properly and not confine them to a totally sealed off area you will have no problems with them overheating. also dont run them lower than the reccomended impedance level!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

An advantage to the sundowns is that they can be run at stupidly low ohm level's, and they just keep putting out more power. In my blazer I was running a pair of the 1500's strapped @ 1 ohm (.5ohm each) and they barely got warm to the touch. apparently they are over 2krms @ .5 ohm...you just need an electrical that can handle their current draw.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

from a test i seen they stapped 2 3000Ds with a maxx-link and they put out over 7400 watts with each amp seeing 1ohm so a 2 ohm load so just imagine .5 to each amp

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841