Sundown Audio

Class D amps vs. Class G/H???

varietyguy

Don't get the RE MT's.

Get 2 more Mayhems.

For the amps, I'd keep the Sundown and get 2 more.

But ARC audio is ARC Audio : gotta respect that too !!! you won't loose anything by swithching amps.

Good luck !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

If your looking for a huge gain by lowering your power and doubling your cone, its not going to happen. Your first option of doubling cone and power will give you the best gain obviously. If your after a better "sound" then maybe ARC should be your choice. If it was me, I would double up everything if I could back the electrical up. Good luck either way!

O and lastly. Mayhems>MT's

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Arc is a good amp but I doubt its better than sundown.... my buddy works at a high end shop over here that pushes arc,jl, etc.. when I go there everyone that works there is like wow.... one guy in a escalade was askn me a lot of questions cause he blew the arc 4000se like 3 times..lol... double what you have and you will be happy

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I'll be honest, I have never noticed this..."sound quality" on the sub stage that wasn't woofer or enclosure dependent. Anything above a 150 just starts to sound like bass to me :shrug:

I want a daily driver system but I'm not really into pure sq. I know that they're very few people doing 160's with sq. And I agree after 150 I start noticing all the sound the car is making from vibrating.

I had the ARC Audio 4000SE on my BTL'z & now I have 2 DD m4'z & that ARC blows the DD'z away by far in sound quality

agreeded!!!!!

I'll be honest, I have never noticed this..."sound quality" on the sub stage that wasn't woofer or enclosure dependent. Anything above a 150 just starts to sound like bass to me :shrug:

try useing the Arc amps then say that

Arc is a good amp but I doubt its better than sundown.... my buddy works at a high end shop over here that pushes arc,jl, etc.. when I go there everyone that works there is like wow.... one guy in a escalade was askn me a lot of questions cause he blew the arc 4000se like 3 times..lol... double what you have and you will be happy

the guy is an idiot if he's blowing that 4000se and it is WAYYYYY better than sundown just fyi... american made > asain made in alll aspects

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived