Sundown Audio

Class D amps vs. Class G/H???

varietyguy

So I am talking to a shop right now about doing a possible "discounted" build (I really want to do high 150's maybe even 160) They are pushing the Arc audio amps which are class g/h. Has anyone had experience with these. Can anyone explain the pros and cons?

So I am talking to a shop right now about doing a possible "discounted" build (I really want to do high 150's maybe even 160)

150 to 160 is going to be really hard, do you have a link for the amp?

"arc audio" is synonymous with quality in my head

Agreed. But definitely not synonymous with budget, no matter how much is discounted. Also, 150s are easy to attain...160s not so much without cone area, power, and an awesome design. Not including the power required to get 150s and the electrical upgrades to properly power that.

I spent well over $6,000 on alternators, batteries, and wire alone. Just an FYI

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Near as I can tell class g/h is similar efficiency as class d. Except my class g/h I had did 2k at 1 ohm and 1500 at 2 ohm and 1000 at 4 ohm. Whereas a similar class d would do 2k then 1k then 500 respectively

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

"arc audio" is synonymous with quality in my head

Agreed. But definitely not synonymous with budget, no matter how much is discounted. Also, 150s are easy to attain...160s not so much without cone area, power, and an awesome design. Not including the power required to get 150s and the electrical upgrades to properly power that.

I spent well over $6,000 on alternators, batteries, and wire alone. Just an FYI

Right now I'm doing a 153.9 at the passenger headrest with driver door open. Build in Sig. I'm looking at doubling my amps and subs, or doing this shop build with 4 re mt 15 and 2 arc 2500.1. I don't have a link. Last I checked their website was down

Best score to date a 157.6 on music, legal, sealed, on 12,000 watts.

red truck right? and that was at the soundworks show just last summer?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Near as I can tell class g/h is similar efficiency as class d. Except my class g/h I had did 2k at 1 ohm and 1500 at 2 ohm and 1000 at 4 ohm. Whereas a similar class d would do 2k then 1k then 500 respectively

Class g/h is as efficient as a class D but with very good quality. They use variable rail voltages to stop energy being wasted.

Think of the quality of a class A/B without the inefficiency.

Fast microprocessors to get the power supply to track the audio signal and supply the right voltage intelligently.

If you have a chance to use g/h I`d go for it tbh.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Archived