Second Skin Audio

Fi SP4 18 box Im building for a youtuber :D

audiofanaticz

The box looks good, and rigid as hell

Thanks! Its pretty sturdy already even without the top layers.

looks good so far :popcorn:

thank you!

looking good

thank you!

I don't know if I have ever told you before but damn you make some nice cuts and do good work.

I try my best and than some, there is no reason to have bad cuts with the tools Im working with :D

looking good :good: the only thing i don't understand is why everyone is buying the sp4 and not putting them in 4ths which is what fi said they built them for?? oh well there money :shrug:

The only thing I dont understand is why it does not say on the Fi website that it is a 4th order bandpass woofer only. If Fi said thats what they are built for, then Fi should have it on their site.

None the less considering its a very similar suspension setup to the smd woofer which is also not 4th order bandpass woofer only. And If this was the case, I would have to say all the people using DC Lvl 5s, the new American Bass woofer, The Audioque hd3s, crossfire v2's and a lot of other woofers that are in bandpass installs should not be used in ported enclosures at all which they are....

Once you learn what the parameters of a woofer are and makes them a good choice for bandpass enclosures does not mean they can only be used in bandpass only.

looking good as usual, and i'm stll so in love with your "shed" LOL

Yea, I love my shed. The dirt floor just adds that extra touch to it :D

It's hard to tell on mobile but do you staple/nail the panels or just clamp them. I know you favor titebond III so how long do you leave it clamped for

I nail boards together, corner join pieces are with 1 5/8 18gauge brad nails, and doubled up layers are 1 1/4 to prevent poking thru.

I use clamps to hold the boards in place and tight to the other piece before nailing.

Birch>MDF

This is true, however for a quality piece of Baltic Birch you are looking at $77 per sheet and only comes in 96in by 48in.

Mdf has the 1 nice feature about coming in 97in by 49in, giving me that extra half inch of width without having to cut wood in a wasteful manor.

Ive used the cheap birch with lesser amount of cores that are fir plywood enough. You always get voids in the middle of wood, as well as plywood not being no where near as dense as mdf.

Unless your buying 100% baltic birch where every veneer is actual birch and not a plywood I dont find it worth it.

Not to mention if you do happen to miscut a piece or two, it gets awfully expensive quick!!!

4" paint roller or 3" wide brush is your friend when it comes to spreading glue.

And 5 sheets of MDF = heavy mofo

yes mike good idea. I usually use a bondo knife and couldnt find the ones I use for glue, so i just squarted glue and slide the pieces around, then applied more glue to where the coverage was less. Then I remembered to use a piece of scrap wood instead. LOL

This is true, however for a quality piece of Baltic Birch you are looking at $77 per sheet and only comes in 96in by 48in.

Mdf has the 1 nice feature about coming in 97in by 49in, giving me that extra half inch of width without having to cut wood in a wasteful manor.

Ive used the cheap birch with lesser amount of cores that are fir plywood enough. You always get voids in the middle of wood, as well as plywood not being no where near as dense as mdf.

Unless your buying 100% baltic birch where every veneer is actual birch and not a plywood I dont find it worth it.

Not to mention if you do happen to miscut a piece or two, it gets awfully expensive quick!!!

I like a nice sandwhich of the two. rigidness of the birch and density of the mdf working together.

box looking beasty though, im watching.

i didn't say it had to be in a 4th just don't know why they buy them and put them in ported. http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/52795-sp4-vs-n2/ heres a reference i don't see the exact statement i read but still gives the jist thats what they built it for. idk why you seem to have got a lil bent out of shape. i was just asking a question.

edit: i see after reading back it wasn't quite a question in the way i structured the sentence but ment to be

Damn you do some great work, props to you :drinks:

Edit: Forgot to ask what do you use to glue the wood together ?

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

i didn't say it had to be in a 4th just don't know why they buy them and put them in ported. http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/52795-sp4-vs-n2/ heres a reference i don't see the exact statement i read but still gives the jist thats what they built it for. idk why you seem to have got a lil bent out of shape. i was just asking a question.

edit: i see after reading back it wasn't quite a question in the way i structured the sentence but ment to be

Im not bent out of shape, I am EDUCATING SOMEONE THAT IS NOT EDUCATED OR CAN NOT READ.

Take it how you want, but I am building this for a fellow youtube subscriber, not me, not you. I have no choice with what the guy buys, I am just building for what he buys. If you you want to have your say in something then do your own build, or have me build you a box, and I will build it for what you want.

LoL

The SP4 pushes things a little further in the daily driver direction. While the N2s have proven to work well in 4th orders, they simply don't in sealed. The SP4 does just that, and a little better than the N2 in 4ths. It still works great in ported, with the ability to have a heavier peak down low as well.

Seems to me that both woofers are proven to work well in 4th orders, however 1 works better sealed than the other, and the sp4 will peak nice and low, which is wanted in this daily driver.

No where did I see that the SP4 is built for 4th order bandpass use only.

Nice work.:drink40:

I like to see this kind of wood. you call it Birch ?! I will look in our local shops if I can find that.

With the subs in, you will need something to put this heavy beast in the car.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Random gun pic? Such a badass lol. That's a big ass box man, looks good and hella clean as usual :good:

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived