Sonic Electronix

So, I have 2 12's chilling in the trunk of my Explorer, but my car is the only SUV of the family and sometimes, we need the whole trunk to do things. When I want to take the subs out, what do I have to do? I was told that if the amp is getting power/signal and there are no subs hooked up to it, it is awful for the amp. Besides unplugging and removing the subs, what should I unplug on the amp? Do I need to undo the ground and 12v+ wires, or is it legit if I just unplug the remote wire so the amp isn't on?

Thanks,

Tanner

So, I have 2 12's chilling in the trunk of my Explorer, but my car is the only SUV of the family and sometimes, we need the whole trunk to do things. When I want to take the subs out, what do I have to do? I was told that if the amp is getting power/signal and there are no subs hooked up to it, it is awful for the amp. Besides unplugging and removing the subs, what should I unplug on the amp? Do I need to undo the ground and 12v+ wires, or is it legit if I just unplug the remote wire so the amp isn't on?

Thanks,

Tanner

just unplug the remote i never had problems b4 when i took out my subs and left power to my amps

new toy

97 chevy s10 ext cab

bagged

22s

system (coming soon )

4 soundstream t4-15s walled

2 concept 2410 mono amps

REFS

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=cartunez2004

http://caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t...ht=LOUDCARTUNEZ

I would just wire up a toggle switch to the remote wire since it sounds like your taking it out often.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

toggle ftw, that way you dont have to tape the remote wire, other wise you remove the subs and amp but the live wire is still on , if the amps left in the car then toggle it so you dont have to add the wear and tear to the screw and threads

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

yeh a toggle like the other guys said sounds like the perfect option.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

does the power wire have an inline fuse by the battery? couldnt you just remove that...

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

get one with the light at the top of it so you dont accidentally leave it on (better chance to see the light then nothing)

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

but its still on, that would bother the hell out of me. i can see my little green light with no bass, id go crazy lol. it has to be better for the amp to stay off instead of not putting out power in the cold. id unhook it myself cuz im crazy like that but accordman knows a shit load more then i do

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-