What it feels like to sit in a 150+ car

For all the folks out there who wonder what it's like to sit in a loud car but have not gotten the chance(I know I used to)...

The first thing that you notice is the presence of 'wind' all around you from the sound pressure. Then you feel the air moving your eardrums (eardrum flex). The vibration makes it so everything in sight is a bit blurry, and when you breathe through your nose - you feel your nostrils flapping back and forth from the pressure.

You look around on the inside of the car to see that pretty much everything is moving about and bouncing in some way - you might even notice your feet vibrating on the floor a bit.

When you try and swallow - it feels like there is a bit of resistance like someone is holding your throat and you can feel vibrations in your hair/scalp.

On loud low notes, it feels like you are being punched in the chest - but it feels kind of good (like a strong heart beat). And on loud higher notes - you feel the vibrations in your skull, eyes, and it literally obstructs your thoughts - like it's jumbling brain waves. You can also feel it vibrating your joints - knuckles and knees

Not all cars that can do a 150+ sound the same btw

This...but I know what you are talking about...each time I give a demo I am prepared for it...awesome to catch noobs by surprise.

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

pretty sure only Sony xplodes can do a 150+ so if you dont have those, then you dont know what it feels like.

Touché

2011 Chrysler 200 S (Black on Black on Black w/ black trim) :)

Changing all the time but, for now.....

*Coming Soon*

80sq ft. SS Damp Pro (INSTALLED)

36sq ft. SS Luxury Liner (INSTALLED)

Big 3 (RF 0 Gauge)

All RF power wire, speaker wire, RCA's

RF T3 6.5" components (2 sets) have

RF T800-4 ad (mids & highs)

XS Power D925

XS Power D3400 have

still undecided on sub/sub amp

its bad when you get used to 150 plus then other people are on the verge of havin a heart attack when you turn it up. Gotta love bein a basshead

But yeah 150+ is pretty damn intense unless its a fart box. 155+ feels even better

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

I can hang with my 155 all day its hard to drive though it blurrs my vision bad...a 157 is a whole nother story....

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

A 150 was pretty scary at first. A little hard to breathe. The longer I sat in a vehicle at that volume the more comfortable I got. Then I went to a 154 and it was rough. Just got a 156 demo this weekend. Blurry vision hard to breathe. It wasn't THAT uncomfortable though. I don't see how you could drive at that volume though or listen to it more than 5-10 minutes at a time. I guess you get used to it.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived