How To Do The Big 3: Tutorial

Guest MegaloManiac

Instructions dont really make sense, but you have a positive going from the altenator to the batterie, then you have a ground going from the engine block to a grounding spot, then a ground from the negative side of the batterie to the grounding spot? Is this right?

+ post on battery terminal, to the + spot on your alternator. Straight run to it. Ignore factory wiring. You can fuse it if you want.

- Post to any metal part of chassis

Chassis or - termainal to engine block.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I finally made it through this thread. haha So I have question for any one running dual batteries. I have a Dodge ram cummins and it comes stock with dual batteries. It has a ground from each battery to the engine block. Should I replace those or just keep it cheap and run a single ground from engine block to chassis and keep those other 2 wires stock? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

i used to think it was the hardest thing in the world xD

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Good Big 3 tutorial vid( no not a expertvillage vid, they suck)

It's a EXO production.(lookup EXOcontralto on youtube.)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:lol: that dude is funny! :rofl:

The Project!!

dunkoholicavatar-copy3.gif

1954 Trunk Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily!!

dunkoholicavatardc.gif

Head Unit: Alpine 9883

Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL

Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K

Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508

Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500

Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets

e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903

adding aftermarket terminals on battery post make any difference? i have the big 3 done but the stock terminals (nut posts). so my positives are laying on top of each other. i was wondering if i bought battery terminals, do i just simply remove the stock terminals and put them in the new battery terminals, would this damage the "ECU"?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

+ post on battery terminal, to the + spot on your alternator. Straight run to it. Ignore factory wiring. You can fuse it if you want.

- Post to any metal part of chassis

Chassis or - termainal to engine block.

see thats what i was slightly confused about at first. seems there is a few ways to do this (from what i've been reading & seeing around the internet). some show the negative battery terminal with 2 wires(1 to the block & 1 to the chassis) & some show 1 line from the battery terminal (first from the battery to the chassis, & then one directly from the block to the chassis and not to the battery). what threw me off was that it appears 2 wires need to make contact threw either the aftermarket battery terminal, or a ring terminal connector on the chassis. in my case i have a side post battery, so i need to attach ring terminal connectors to all my additional wires that attach to the aftermarket battery terminal.

adding aftermarket terminals on battery post make any difference? i have the big 3 done but the stock terminals (nut posts). so my positives are laying on top of each other. i was wondering if i bought battery terminals, do i just simply remove the stock terminals and put them in the new battery terminals, would this damage the "ECU"?

aftermarket terminals are usually plated with metal that resist corrosion better. some claim better contact... i can't verify this but they look pretty clean under the hood. it's really easy to change them out. i personally would cut off the old wire with the terminal & strip off some fresh wire & insert it into the new battery terminal. tighten down the wire & repeat on the terminal. just don't cut the cable too short... cut it closest to the old terminal as possible.

it's just like disconnecting the battery & reconnecting it... no damage to anything.

Just did this in the dark! So easy and took all of 5 mins to install. Car starts quickly, going to be testing it out tomorrow morning.

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components
  • Response 4x100 midz and highs amp
  • Fusion NV 2500.1: STOLEN
  • 2 x 12 inch fusion nv subs
  • 10 inch 5 doller subs in my doors

PM me if you want help with electrical

• 4 weeks later...

so you have to have a fuse, (so since i think my alt is rated 80 amps, i got to have a 80a fuse) between the alt and the battery?

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Archived