Sundown Audio

SAX 1200D not much louder than JL 500.1??

Tulsajj

if running to 1 channel vs bridged.. wouldn't he only be seeing half power 600 vs 1200 if bridged?

someone please feel free to correct me if im wrong since i dont have a sax series amp but no,the sax is a mono block so it only has 1 channel.it has 2 speaker wire terminals but they both run to the same spot inside the amp so running it on 1 channel vs 2 wouldnt make a difference

and u dont have the electrical to support it.. get a dmm meter and see how low your voltage drops..

ALWAYS do the big 3 upgrade..and its never smart to use wire smaller than what the amp needs!!

and no dont wait "till the battery dies" bc i bet money the amp will cook 1st.. do the big 3 upgrade and get a better battery

and also impedance rise is a bitch..

his oem electrical should be fine to show a diff in a 1200rms amp and a 500rms amp. i ran a 1500rms amp for years and years off an oem accord charging system that was less then his 08.

Big 3 as you said is a wise help, but that shouldnt be the difference in him seeing a difference in a 500rms amp and a 1200-1500rms amp

and u dont have the electrical to support it.. get a dmm meter and see how low your voltage drops..

ALWAYS do the big 3 upgrade..and its never smart to use wire smaller than what the amp needs!!

and no dont wait "till the battery dies" bc i bet money the amp will cook 1st.. do the big 3 upgrade and get a better battery

Ok, I"m going to upgrade my electrical this week. Would like to figure out what XS battery I need. Do I test for voltage drop at the amp terminals or the battery?

Ok, I"m going to upgrade my electrical this week. Would like to figure out what XS battery I need. Do I test for voltage drop at the amp terminals or the battery?

test the voltage at the amp.....as for batteries i was always told get the biggest one you can fit under the hood

if running to 1 channel vs bridged.. wouldn't he only be seeing half power 600 vs 1200 if bridged?

It's a mono block so I believe it is going to put out the same RMS per ohm load whether using 1 channel or 2.

Monoblock=1 channel by definition. The second set of terminals is just for convenience.

To the OP, I wouldn't expect much just like sundownz said. That is why design is so important, rather than just buying the biggest amp you can find.(in general, not directed towards anyone)

his oem electrical should be fine to show a diff in a 1200rms amp and a 500rms amp. i ran a 1500rms amp for years and years off an oem accord charging system that was less then his 08.

Big 3 as you said is a wise help, but that shouldnt be the difference in him seeing a difference in a 500rms amp and a 1200-1500rms amp

Ever clamp it?

Prefab box? Sounds like box rise is half the battle.

Unless it's a burp setup that's the last thing I would worry about.

I would double check to ensure you are wired to 1ohm nominal.

Another thing is, have the gains been set? What headunit?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

between box rise and voltage issues. i bet your not seeing much more power anyways. even with the bigger amp.

new batt, box, wire, big 3 and you should see a huge difference

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Archived