+ Run from alt or battery?

For the + wire doesn't really matter, since I run multiple runs to the rear battery bank I do it from my front battery cause I can use a toolmaker input with multiple inputs and makes it a lot easier. I also ground my rear battery bank to my front battery because I like the complete circuit.

Will do, thanks

The way I see it, since the alt is going to the front battery anyway, wire it from there. In MY mind at least, you'd have greater amperage draw ability if you have the alt and battery both contributing on that + wire.

Makes sense
do both, 1 from the batt, and 1 from the alt...
Wow, wasn't expecting that. Why would it be necessary to do it like that?

ive always ran alt to front battery, then back. i would always suggest grounding to the front battery. but you can ground to the chassis and the front battery if you like.

I think i'm gonna do like most suggested, pos and neg run from front battery to back.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

slight voltage drop between the front and rear batt.. this makes sure the rear batt is getting the same charge as the front, i also connect the front batt to the rear as well

i have 5 runs of power total, 4 from the alt, for each of my back batts, and 1 from the front batt, even ran 3 grounds, 2 from the alt, and 1 from the front batt to the back, and grounded the batts x4 in the back

overboard, i know.. but i wanted to make sure nothing could go wrong, if front batt took a shit, rears would continue to stay charged

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

slight voltage drop between the front and rear batt.. this makes sure the rear batt is getting the same charge as the front, i also connect the front batt to the rear as well

i have 5 runs of power total, 4 from the alt, for each of my back batts, and 1 from the front batt, even ran 3 grounds, 2 from the alt, and 1 from the front batt to the back, and grounded the batts x4 in the back

overboard, i know.. but i wanted to make sure nothing could go wrong, if front batt took a shit, rears would continue to stay charged

God that's A LOT of wiring lmao.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Makes sense. I'm def gonna run pos and neg from the front battery to the back, will ride that out for a while and see how it works out. Will run another pos from alt to back batt is needed. Thanks for the explanation, I know what to look for now.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Im just now learning about it. Its the only reason why I didnt input my suggestion.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

i think i need to re-learn somethings about electricity and DC circuits.

What all do you need to know or want to know about them? It actually isn't that difficult to understand unless you're trying to do something that hasn't been done before or that there's no possible way to do it. DC voltage is simple to me, AC, not so simple lol

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

for starters, why does a battery that goes bad in the front of a vehicle keep batteries from charging in the back if the batteries in the back do not have a direct run to the alt?

Also, how is connecting an alt directly to a rear battery band any different than connecting the back battery (or battery bank) to a terminal block located on the front battery? If you have (for example) 2 runs of 0g going from an alt to a terminal block on the front battery, then 2 runs of 0g from that terminal block to the back battery(ies) how is that different than 1 run to the front battery and 1 run to the back?

Insert any number of runs, how does it change the charging system depending on which battery they hook up too?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

for starters, why does a battery that goes bad in the front of a vehicle keep batteries from charging in the back if the batteries in the back do not have a direct run to the alt?

i never said it did, but i just think it would cause issues

well, i mean, if the front batt wont hold a charge, it would draw from the rear batts while its not charging, from my understanding.

you have voltage drop going from alt to front batt, to back batt...

go out and measure the voltage at the front batt, and at the back batt while the vehicle is charging, its slight, nothing important unless you are anal about it.. and i am, which is why i suggest that

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

i never said it did, but i just think it would cause issues

well, i mean, if the front batt wont hold a charge, it would draw from the rear batts while its not charging, from my understanding.

it would. it would do that either way you connected it. unless you ran a separate charging system for just the front battery, otherwise, it's all connected.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived