Sonic Electronix

Hey guys,

A buddy and me are building a system in his 02 Trailblazer and it's been a slow process getting things together here and there as we can. It all started last spring when he said he wanted to put a sub in and I just happened to know another friend selling a HDC3-15 complete with box and amp. So he bought it and we got everything put in and went to our first MECA competition at lay'd out in the park in Morristown TN. Anyway we didnt compete that day but did get metered and did a surprising 141.5 on a MECA test tone. The set up then was

JVC kd-r610

4 gauge wire

factory battery under hood

factory charging wires

Quantam Audio QCA2000d class A/B amp rated at 2000 watts at 1 ohm but from what I have read was doing more like 700-750.

1 HDC3-15 D2 copper coils in approx. 4 cu. ft tuned to 36hz ( I believe)

Since then we have done nothing but upgrade his blaze and these upgrades include:

Xs power d3400 up front

Xs power d3100 in rear

Big 3 done

2 runs of 0 gauge to rear battery

replaced quantum audio amp with audiopipe 15001d

wired with 4 gauge direct from rear battery (approx 3 feet)

replaced jvc headunit with jvc kw-avx738 double din dvd

used edead sound deadener on rear plastic panel and filled back gate with great stuff windows and doors spray foam.

The sub and box have not changed other than the box sits 1.5" higher than it did the first time we got metered.

We went and got metered again this saturday and only did a 141.3.

We were baffled by this because the system is noticably louder than it used to be and moves way more air and yet dbs went down? I was hoping someone on here may be able to tell me why this has happened?

Maybe need more port area.....with 1 15 and 3.5k, I was at rising to 145 on music before my friends computer crashed on him >=[

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

What direction are the sub and port facing? I think the best results in an SUV are port back, sub up from what I hear.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Welcome to car audio!! Sometimes doing the right thing doesn't always work. Are all the variables the same as last? mic placement frequency tone, cd, usb, or aux? your new head unit might have a lower preout voltage and therefore you might look into a line driver. It's good that you upgraded your voltage, you definitely can run more power with no issue. But did you test your voltage before and after? one bad connection could hinder power substantially. Always test and then change one thing at a time, then test again. This will help more than you can imagine.

Edited by varietyguy

The deadening could of lowered your peak freq... how are you metering? Stand. On what seat? I do stand on driver seat passenger door open... an how do you know what your peak is

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

sub and port back firing into the back gate. The new jvc double din has a higher pre out voltage, last time was done with a cd and this time it was done from an ipod via usb. Mic was placed according to MECA rules both times in the passenger seat. the first time it was metered it peaked at 42hz and from what ive read online this is the peak frequency for a trailblazer. only thing we noticed was that maybe the wrong test tone was used, he may have actually used a 44hz tone instead of a 42hz tone this last time it was metered.

Edited by bigrob54865

That's the problem I lose over a .5 a db from 37 to 38 hz... an it keeps getting worse the more I. Move from my peak.... like I said here's a trick put mike on drivers seat open passenger door... sweep for your peak again it mite be lower

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Thanks we'll definitely have to try that and see if it has changed.

Also, does anyone know of a shop or forum member near knoxville tn that has a TL?

We went to Extreme Car Audio here in knox and were just really disappointed in the shop and the staff, so we're looking to go elsewhere

What did you use to tune the amp? Also you may think that you upgraded amps, but audiopipe still isnt a very good brand of amp. You are better off going with a brand of amp that is known to do clean rated power. DC, Sundown, AudioQue, Rockford Power Series just to name a few.

All back is how to do that truck

How much port?

I get 44-45 meca with single 15 and 2k in that truck

Pics?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz