Second Skin Audio

I have a question about trim panels rattling. I have a Cube which is a hatchback and I get a lot of trim panel vibration. What's the best way to combat this? Damp or Damp Pro on the trim? Also I have a DC Exhaust (fart can) and If I put LLP in the hatch area will that cut down on the exhaust drone enough to make it worth buying?

Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

Rockford Fosgate T5001 bd-cp

2 DC level 2 12's

Focal Access Components in the front

Focal Access Coax in the rear doors

Rockford Fosgate Punch Boosted Rail 4 channel rms 4x75

XS Power D3400 under the hood

Knuconceptz Ultra Fleks Power & Ground

id say overkill would be a better option to fight the trim pannels but damn pro might might help too

llp would be great to stop exahst drone but id go with vibration dampener such as damp pro as well just 10-25%

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Trim rattle can sometimes be resolved by installing some OverKill or similar closed cell foam between the sheet metal and the plastic trim without having to install any sound deadening.

When the trim is rattling, can you slightly push on it and the rattling stops? If so, just a bit of OverKill should do the trick.

As for the exhaust drone, Luxury Liner Pro alone would help but would be best to treat the hatch area with a little bit of vibration mat (10 sq. ft. or so, doesn't take a lot) along with a sheet or two of Luxury Liner Pro.

EDIT: LOL emp beat me to it and said the exact damn thing! oy...

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Yeah, I can push on them and they stop. I figured if I had some extra damp pro I could throw it on the trim too. I had someone sideswipe my driver door and they had to replace the door skin so i lost the stinger pro I had on there. Since its tax time and your still having the sale it looks like a good time to finish up the sound deadening. :clapping: On the overkill do I just tack it in place and put the panel back on and push the clips right through it?

Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

Rockford Fosgate T5001 bd-cp

2 DC level 2 12's

Focal Access Components in the front

Focal Access Coax in the rear doors

Rockford Fosgate Punch Boosted Rail 4 channel rms 4x75

XS Power D3400 under the hood

Knuconceptz Ultra Fleks Power & Ground

Trim rattle can sometimes be resolved by installing some OverKill or similar closed cell foam between the sheet metal and the plastic trim without having to install any sound deadening.

When the trim is rattling, can you slightly push on it and the rattling stops? If so, just a bit of OverKill should do the trick.

As for the exhaust drone, Luxury Liner Pro alone would help but would be best to treat the hatch area with a little bit of vibration mat (10 sq. ft. or so, doesn't take a lot) along with a sheet or two of Luxury Liner Pro.

EDIT: LOL emp beat me to it and said the exact damn thing! oy...

lol urs just sounded smarter and was more thorough... so brownie points for starting to reply first :clapping:

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Yeah, I can push on them and they stop. I figured if I had some extra damp pro I could throw it on the trim too. I had someone sideswipe my driver door and they had to replace the door skin so i lost the stinger pro I had on there. Since its tax time and your still having the sale it looks like a good time to finish up the sound deadening. :clapping: On the overkill do I just tack it in place and put the panel back on and push the clips right through it?

yes sir... ya damp pro can help trim panel rattling but in most cases really wont. overkill on the other hand when applied properly does wonders against that rattling

LOL, sound smarter nothing! I am able to make a short point long.... as I tend to do.

Installing the OverKill, yep. Just a bit of spray adhesive and push the clips right through it (or even slit the OverKill where the clips go).

And that totally sucks. I have yet to see one insurance company that will pay for replacing sound deadening or any automotive insulation for that matter.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

if im not mistaken as long as the part is secured to the vehicle using bolts,nut,screws or some sort of braket it can and should be taken care of by the insurance company of the person that caused the accident. also for an additional price your insurance might cover any upgrades to the vehicle as long as it is fastened to the vehicle in one of the above mentioned ways or of a similar way. aftermarket parts that are not secured in one of those ways are considered an accessory and may or may not be coverd in an accident depending on the insurance company. I do know that when i was 7 we got rear ended and some soda we had broke open and their insurance covered it because it was part of are groceries. they also offered to have the back carpet steam cleaned but the van was junk anyways so it was tossed and the insurance money spent on another car.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.