Second Skin Audio

Advice Needed

What are the cheapest quality 4 15"s I can buy that will take 4000 watts peak? I was thinking 4 CompVR 15"s?

Just outta the blue, I want them at peak power. My shop taught me you get more performance pushing lower level subs to peak power handling than getting higher subs at RMS. I know you guys are thinking thats foolish, but my 4 Diamond Audio D1's are louder on 2000 watts than 4 D3's. Ask Meade, he does the same thing with his Fi's. I think it getting the most for your buck.

Edited by ChampN252

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Ummm, no Fi are not lower level subs man.......

Or are they Steve??????

Edited by roscoe1129

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

What at the cheapest quality 4 15"s I can buy that will take 4000 watts peak? I was thinking 4 CompVR 15"s?

Just outta the blue, I want them at peak power. My shop taught me you get more performance pushing lower level subs to peak power handling than getting higher subs at RMS. I know you guys are thinking thats foolish, but my 4 Diamond Audio D1's are louder on 2000 watts than 4 D3's. Ask Meade, he does the same thing with his Fi's. I think it getting the most for your buck.

always go with the rms bro, never go by peak.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

My shop taught me you get more performance pushing lower level subs to peak power handling than getting higher subs at RMS.

I really wish there was a "shaking head" smiley for comments like this. To answer your question, the Kicker Cvr 15s are a good bang for your buck sub. I've seen someone put 4k to one before but at 1kwatts or more they don't last so be careful.

Edited by Derrick824

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

naw man, the Fi's arent low level, he's just throwing more power on them than they should handle....peaking them. Running peak is how the people get it done around here. I know a guy with 4 TDX 12"s in his car and has two MM4000 on them. Loudest car in the state.

2012 Honda Accord

naw man, the Fi's arent low level, he's just throwing more power on them than they should handle....peaking them. Running peak is how the people get it done around here. I know a guy with 4 TDX 12"s in his car and has two MM4000 on them. Loudest car in the state.

i doubt it!

just because everyone else u know goes by peak doesnt mean u should! use the RMS!!

i likes me some audio stuff...

definitely use RMS. steve also puts 4k watts on his subs because his BTL's are fully loaded...INCREASING the RMS power handling of the subs.

that and his box/port is a bit smallish, so he can give a bit extra on top of that....

well, I guess I'm a damn dummie becuase you guys just showed me! Seriously thou, what are 4 15"s that run on 4000 watts rms?

BTW, my shop suggested I do 4 Diamond D3 15"s and another suggested 4 RE Audio SE 12"s. I guess they're both wrong huh?

2012 Honda Accord

i have no idea about the diamonds...you MIGHT be able to get away with it with the REs...but you would really have to know what you are doing...i wouldnt attempt it. my two SE tens get plenty loud off their rated rms.

you could get four FI Qs or BLs, or DC LVL4s (<---which there is a group buy for going on right now)