Best Security System For Under 250?

is 971xv or 791xv? im confused! i know viper makes a model that is similar to the 791xv which is a 2-way (pager) unit with up to a 1 mile range. more than likely the one i will be going with.

It's the 791xv... everyone is just bad at typing ;)

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

yea so where can I get the best price on that?

also what is the difference between that and the 5900

771=led 2way pager, 791=lcd 2way pager, 5900 same as 791+ extended range ; rough estimate on installed peice at a shop: 400, 500, 600 plus any interface mods

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

i never understood why people will spend 1k or more on audio then expect to pay as little as possible to protect it.

Well Im not really trying to spend a little, my mom offered to buy me one so I wont object. If you know of better alarms by all means mention them. And like I said before, my gf's dad, who installed alarms for over 10 years is going to install it for me so all I need is the gut cheapest price and a GOOD alarm. Im goin to get full coverage insurance anyway, there isnt that much better that I can do.

Is the extended range on the 5900 significantly more?? Like I said I want a good one.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

771=led 2way pager, 791=lcd 2way pager, 5900 same as 791+ extended range ; rough estimate on installed peice at a shop: 400, 500, 600 plus any interface mods

these 3 security systems are pretty good. if you want to go with less hassle go with the 771 cause the remote battery wont die as quick but if you want more flashy security system then go with the 791 or 5900.

I have used autopage in 3 different cars and have not had a problem yet, and i remember reading thats what was put in chickens ext. Also you can get them on ebay cheap. Im upgrading my rf-520lcd to a remote start 2 way unit. Heres a link http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTOPAGE-RS-725LCD-REM...1QQcmdZViewItem

Ive had mine for over 2 years and not a single problem.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

dont use the 160xvr viper it is remote start and keyless only. if you want more it a pain to add it. if you email me we can talk about me letting you use my employee discount to get a unit as long as we carry it.

----reference's----

meade916

Well here is what I would use:

Viper 791/Python 881, Viper 5900/Viper 990, or Viper 771/Python 781.

I install a decent number of Prestige and CompuStar units also... they are good, just not as easy to program.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived