Second Skin Audio

ok to mix & match subs?

voxigenboy

well, i just bought a pair of Kicker CompVR 12"(dual, 4ohm) a few days ago. im now getting a pair of JL Audio 15W3V2's at a good price. Anyway, is it cool to have all 4 running in my Astro(seperate amps/enclosures) or should i now look into getting rid of the Kickers?

You could, nothing is going to break, but many on the site (myself included) simply hate the look of mix matched subs. It's a preference thing, I think it looks ghetto and ugly as all hell.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

seperate boxes and amps is ok. It's only cosmetic they just wont look the same. If your just doing it to listen to it's fine. Now If you were doing it for spl tuning would be an issue.

91' CRX Si

HU - Alpine cda-7995

All stock interior

Amp - Crescendo bc3500

Subs - 4 sa 10 d1 spl's

Batt - 3 x 100 ah

149.5 Street beat

Integra Build Log

well if you ever get metered the different subs will peak at different frequencies...

i personally don't like the idea, but as long as you have your system tuned with an O-scope or a DD-1, you shouldn't hurt anything.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

well, i just bought a pair of Kicker CompVR 12"(dual, 4ohm) a few days ago. im now getting a pair of JL Audio 15W3V2's at a good price. Anyway, is it cool to have all 4 running in my Astro(seperate amps/enclosures) or should i now look into getting rid of the Kickers?

Your question is odd, Kickers and JL Audios are different subs, JLs are cleaner sounding, Kickers are loud subs. If every subwoofer sounds the same to you then mix them.

Honestly I would listen to both brands and make my mind about which brand I like best and get 4 of a kind.

Archived