Sundown Audio

Gain issue

Nikitaaa

That's the thing, I didn't test my headunit. I just assumed at was clean at 23/35 when I started testing with track 7. I started turning the gain up with the headunit at 23/35. No clipping with the gain all the way up at 23/35. I went and turned up my headunit to 26/35 where the dd-1 eventually picked up a solid red light. I turned it down to 25/35 and called it good. The sub got smelly on the way home so I turned it back down to 23/35 with gain maxed and everything is smooth now.

Is it safe to assume it was mearly my headunit clipping?

And if that's the case, my dilemma is my headunit clips before my amp. I'm so lost :(

I will ask you one more time, was the sub level at +15 when you used the dd-1?

Also where was the LPF for the subwoofer on the headunit setting?

where was the amps LPF set at

where was the amps subsonic filter set at?

try again, plain and simple. otherwise its just a guess. you should never run an amp at max gain. that would mean your signal is around 200mv which is as much as a portable cd player puts out, lol. not the 2000mv the headunit will put out if sub level is at +15 and volume is turned up between 23-26 in my experience.

Lol im about to stop taking people advice cuz mine is set at -2bass +4sub

why?

bass is usually for 100hz and higher unless its an EQ inwhich you dictate what freq you're changing the level of

for alpines to get the full clean preout voltage the sub level should be at +15, no if ands or buts, its fact.

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Only problem with that is I can't get my hands on one

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Where are you located?

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Well imo I think you should just go by your ear again as you did before you experimented with the DD-1. Keep your gain on your amp to a minimal or about half and keep your HU Volume to where you like it or where you think its safe. My opinion for your gain settings just for now so you can bump some here and there.

Yes, both the hifonics gain knob and subwoofer level were all the way up. LPF was on about 100hz and ssf was about 32hz. Everything on the headunit was flat.

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(1) Mechman 240

TEAM NWSPL

155db outlaw

I'm from the Washington area.. Unfortunately the closest DD-1 to me is nearly 3 hours away :(

I would pay someone to ship me there's and let me use it, but that requires a great deal of trust on thier part. I doubt anyone would go for it.

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(1) Mechman 240

TEAM NWSPL

155db outlaw

I'm from the Washington area.. Unfortunately the closest DD-1 to me is nearly 3 hours away :(

I would pay someone to ship me there's and let me use it, but that requires a great deal of trust on thier part. I doubt anyone would go for it.

I say trust this kid! He's legit. I'm near him and could use it too ;) hehe

E34 540iT/6

who's to say your even clipping? maybe your just plain over powering the sub and bottoming the shit out of the coil and burning up the coil? the DD-1 as great a tool as it is only allows you to see max output of clean power. it you have a sub that can't handle everything your amp can put out steve and tony could DD-1 tune your amp and it won't turn out any better. this is where i feel a scope or dmm comes in handy, or the good ol' ear. the DD-1 is nice but its not the messiah of gain tuning. so feel free to blast me now. but i'm going to come back at all of you with the fail safe comment of......operator error. since really it's already been stated.

NEUMAN

I would do what decaf said with your HU and then redo with track 3 or 5. 7 is going to clip once you listen to rap.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Archived