Sabre Saw question

Omega5002

I found this Sabre Saw laying around in my garage, and I was wondering if it'll be strong enough to cut through 3/4 MDF ,when cutting circles for the sub, since I wanna start building my own box. My dad tells me it's only built to cut wood, but not mdf since it's tougher, but I wanna know opinions from you guys. If it's too weak, I'll just borrow a jig saw from one of my friends.

425099_385404441476481_100000207864941_1722501_1187860542_n.jpg

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I bet it can. try it and find out.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Thanks for the reply :)

Well, I don't wanna break it if it can't, which is why I'm asking, but I'll try, I have this old tiny box made of 5/8 mdf, so I'll test it on that.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Well, I can probably use one if I find one or get a blade that would be appropriate for MDF, that's not a big problem.

I'm just mostly worried about the Sabre Saw not having enough torque to cut through mdf, and having the motor overheat, though I think that sounds a bit exaggerated, but I don't know much about power tools, but I'm thinking that if it can cut through wood normally, it'll just take a slower time cutting through mdf but should be fine.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

• 2 months later...

saw will work fine just hit lowes or homedepo and buy good blades i use .http://www.lowes.com/pd_1811-353-U19BO_0__?productId=3018414&Ntt=jigsaw+blade&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Djigsaw%2Bblade&facetInfo= blades work good and stay sharp.just remember to go slow and you will be fine

Alpine IDA-X200 Car Digital Media Receiver

AMP = power acoustik cpt1 2200d

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

voodoo fuse and distribution blocks

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads

Your not going to hurt the saw. It just may take you a bit longer to cut. I have a black and decker cheap one and I use and abuse that thing with tight turns and never broke the blade. it just fell out once.

Archived