^ not true, low boost/stock engine setups are common. same as supercharging a stock ls1 4.6 ect.. boost is boost and any internal combustion engine can be boosted its all a question to what extent.

itd be a waste of money to buy a dual turbo and only use 15lbs of boost.

im pretty sure most stock head bolts cant handle much over 20lbs.

you can buy single turbos that are just as good and can put out 20lbs.

just my opinion.

im not the most educated when it comes to boosting a vehicle. but i just think unless your planning on making 500hp gains why buy a twin turbo set up

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

This thread is stupid... Turboing a motor is way more than buying shit and throwing it together.. Do you know how to tune a computer setup? If going carb can you rebuild the carb as a

Blow thru setup... You gotta map out the compressor size and all that to the specs of your motor...

Everything has to work together perfectly or else kaboom... If you don't know what your doing 120% don't attempt fucking with it

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

^ not true, low boost/stock engine setups are common. same as supercharging a stock ls1 4.6 ect.. boost is boost and any internal combustion engine can be boosted its all a question to what extent.

just my opinion.

im not the most educated when it comes to boosting a vehicle. but i just think unless your planning on making 500hp gains why buy a twin turbo set up

Why the heck would someone do that is beyond me... My friends 450 block produces enough raw power to make the car to a wheelie...we had a scare when he punched the gas and all a sudden we just saw the sky..luckily he was fat and lunched forward before we tipped....caused a few $$$ damage, but got smart and reinforced the front shocks.

This thread is stupid... Turboing a motor is way more than buying shit and throwing it together.. Do you know how to tune a computer setup? If going carb can you rebuild the carb as a

Blow thru setup... You gotta map out the compressor size and all that to the specs of your motor...

Everything has to work together perfectly or else kaboom... If you don't know what your doing 120% don't attempt fucking with it

EXACTLY what he said.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Thank you!

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

i think the question is...do you know anything about engine modifications?

i hope you know that using a twin turbo set up. your head bolts are going to rip right off.

you should do way more research.

most people dont buy bolt on turbo kits. unless they are just looking for small gains.

if your buying a twin turbo set up you should just make your own pipes

as well your going to have to buy bigger injectors, bigger alt, bigger fuel pump, and a laundry list of other things that your engine will need to just keep up with the added air in the your cylinders. those most likely wont come in the turbo kit.

why a bigger alt though?

just my opinion.

Why the heck would someone do that is beyond me... My friends 450 block produces enough raw power to make the car to a wheelie...we had a scare when he punched the gas and all a sudden we just saw the sky..luckily he was fat and lunched forward before we tipped....caused a few $$$ damage, but got smart and reinforced the front shocks.

EXACTLY what he said.

vids or it didnt happen

Turbo (generally a T3 or T3/T4 will do)

Wastegate (Internal or external)

Manifold

Turbo downpipe Flange

Bolts for turbo and downpipe flange

Downpipe

Braided oil lines with fittings

2.5" Pipe for charge pipes

Connectors and clamps for pipes

BOV and flange (Again DSM would be cheap ~$50, will hold 19psi with the top crushed)

FMU (I'd go cartech adjustable personally) go with an SAFC 2

Bigger Injectors Bigger Injectors (DSM450's would be an excellent idea)

Inline/In tank pump

Boost controller (I'd go Greddy Profec)

MSD-DIS 2this should read MSD BTM

TB Plenum

Lots of misc vaccum hose

Rubber Fuel lines for FPR

Oil and oil filter (for the obvious reason)

Gaskets

Gasket sealer

Air filter

Intercooler (optional, but worth it)

Some spare metal brackets for custom mounting the Intercooler

Misc bolts (self tapping), and Nut/bolt combos

Gauge pod

Boost Gauge, EGT gauge (optional but smart to have one)

(If you have a profec boost controller the boost gauge is unnecessary as its built in)

Heres your list

thanks! :D i have all this stuff haha well most of it i'll find a downpipe and thats it and im going to make a custom exhuast coming out the sides behind the doors

This thread is stupid... Turboing a motor is way more than buying shit and throwing it together.. Do you know how to tune a computer setup? If going carb can you rebuild the carb as a Blow thru setup... You gotta map out the compressor size and all that to the specs of your motor... Everything has to work together perfectly or else kaboom... If you don't know what your doing 120% don't attempt fucking with it
im not doing it myself -_- im taking it to a shop if i dont know 100% what im doing then why would i do it myself

Archived