Second Skin Audio

What did i do to my subs?

so you can buy 2 sundown 3000s 2 mayhems all this other equipment batteries 2 alts and you cant get a dd1 or an o scope?

yes, lots of people don't buy these things. Me being one of them

well i hope you and him and all others like you have money for recones

Haven't blown a sub yet....I can tell when i'm clipping to a point of damaging the equipment (usually smelly voice coils are a good sign). Then you either back the gain down or there's this thing called the volume knob you can turn down also

Team Flex Issues

well that comes down to would you rather KNOW when you clip, or just GUESS.

i bet you it would come in handy if you ever wanna be metered. you can actually know how loud you can safely play it.

why pay thousands for a system and not get the most out of it?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

what's your pre-out voltage on your headunit/what headunit do you have? gain at 3/4 maybe a reason why.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

what's your pre-out voltage on your headunit/what headunit do you have? gain at 3/4 maybe a reason why.

Line driver set at 4v.

I understand that a DD-1 is important, hence the reason it is in existance, it is on my list of things to get, I didn't plan on doing subs and amps first but when I have an opportunity to get the 3000D's for $400 a piece and the mayhems for $400 together I can't really pass it up. So I put the build in motion and here we are I'm not trying to be arrogant or a know it all. But I really don't like it when people are rude. This is more like a sport to me than a hobby, I am here to learn, when I am wrong I will admit it and show humility. Therefore I don't like being judged based on little information.

try turning down the gain some...3/4 can be too high

This, and don't run at .5 ohm lol

Until you get your new alts and a battery bank that is

Edited by El1T3Bass

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

I would wire the amps to a higher impedance or just keep the gain fairly low until you get more batteries and a H/o alt or 2. Even if you tuned your system right now with a dd1 to be clip free, you would still have bad voltage drop causing the amps the clip sooner than they should.

If I recall on some info he told me when I got a demo, his voltage doesn't drop as bad as you all are making it seem.

Also remember when setting gains, those knobs are very sensitive. On all the amps ive used. I would barely turn it past 1/4

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

1) .5ohm daily with stock alts

2) over rms

3) uneducated on gain/settings

4) lack of information... what was ur voltage drop? How much current are your amps drawing? Whats your box volume/port area? What do you mean by "my music"?

5) gains are exponetial, each click your turn it up the more it makes a change, same with crossovers

Those are your problems

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg