Anyone experienced with flipping cars?

I'm trying to make some fast cash to get to my savings goal quicker. I am considering buying a Honda Civic DX, manual, 186500 miles, priced for $2000. Seems like a good first car/daily driver that would sell pretty easy. It has two broken hubcaps, so I can put two new matching hubcaps on it from ebay, and then sell it just a little shy of KBB value, which is about $3000. I am a little nervous about it, as I don't like letting go of my money, but it seems safe. What are your opinions on this? Am I foolish?

Edit: Year 2000

Edited by Dylank811

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

It's foolish. If you only have a little bit of money to spend on a car to flip, I wouldn't do it due to the risk of someone not buying it. If you were a baller that can piss money away, go for it.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

It's foolish. If you only have a little bit of money to spend on a car to flip, I wouldn't do it due to the risk of someone not buying it. If you were a baller that can piss money away, go for it.

Lol. Yeah I'm sitting on a little bit of money, but making .05% interest on it kinda blows.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

I wouldn't do it cause I think it has way to many miles on it

Yeah they are a little high. Still is selling way less than it's worth. If I made $300 to $400 on it I'd be satisfied. I'm not doing anything with the money right now anyway. I'm just trying to save for a '99 to '04 Mustang GT.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Agree about the miles plus most of the times when you flip a car you buy a gem that needs some TLC and fix it up besides kbb don't mean nothing when someone haggles you down anyway. I would say a $1000 dollar expected profit is not worth the risk of being stuck with. Have you run the vehicles history (accidents, maintenance records, etc.)?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I'm not experienced with car flipping, just parts flipping (like rare hard to find parts, NOS, closeouts, etc.).

However my neighbor has done this and it worked out awesomely for him until a few months back. Long story short, he sold one too many (five in one year I think) and got his ass handed to him. lol

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

oh i thought you meant something else, nevermind

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

It's not easy and can get expensive. My old boss flipped cars all the time. Sometimes he won big but usually he broke even and occasionally lost money. He had serious connections with body shops and mechanics too so that really helped him. He'd buy a car dirt cheap that needed work and profit big. But another time he sold a car and the tranny went out while the guy was driving it home, so he ended up paying for the tranny and lost big money.

It's very risky and unless you've got connections not worth it imo. People don't wanna buy a car that Joe schmoe worked on. They wanna buy a car a shop worked on.

Another thing he always told me was to flip lots of cheap cars. Like $3-4k and under because the people buying those cars don't care so much about the paper work, so they'd both save a bunch and write that the car was sold cheap and save on the taxes/licensing.

Which brings up another point, you're gonna want to know all the paperwork involved in buying/selling cars private party. As well as the loop holes.

Hopefully this gives you some insight. I paid some attention to what he did cuz it seemed profitable, buy very very risky. Good luck to you if you attempt this. He prolly bought/sold 4-5 cars a month.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k