Second Skin Audio

Ported, Sealed, or Bandpass,

RAGU408

[quote name= ^_^ Gem132' timestamp='1328850554' post='1884726]

Ported is is louder than sealed, provides more power handling around the tuning point, takes up more space.

4th order takes up more space still, but gives better power handling and will dig into the lows allot more since they don't have the unloading issues a ported box has. They are also more sensitive to design error than ported boxes, so don't mess up if you go this route :)

i dont wanna thread jack but could you quickly explain how a 4th order can drop real low, if the sealed section is used for the lows ? its been bugging me

Normal ported boxes drop off below the tuning point because they stop loading on the port and the port and sub begin to play out of phase form one another.

In a 4th order, one side of the sub is sealed and isolated from both the ported side of the both and the environment it's placed in. This eliminates the out of phase effect and unloading of the sub.

I hope I explained that in a way that made sense lol

Makes Sense might have to try one out with my 2 10's see if i like i better than ported box :) now go on with thread i will stop

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

So your saying type r's suck? For $110 a piece brand new an their the new models I think that's the best bang for my buck. Tell me what else would hit harder then them at that price??

So your saying type r's suck? For $110 a piece brand new an their the new models I think that's the best bang for my buck. Tell me what else would hit harder then them at that price??

He is saying that this is yet another thread about a type r in a sealed vs ported box. There are tons of them.

They are fine subs, don't turn this thread into a shitstorm of comparisons and this>that or it will get locked :good:

Dont think VS questions are allowed :peepwall: but Fi X 10s would be in that price range or maybe SDC 2.5 10s from Audioque assuming you are set on 10s but 1 15 or 1 18 could be bought for similar $ and possibly be louder depending on a few factors. some things to think about.

I would have to say go do your own looking all over the place make your own opinion on which sub you chose. Every one will have a different opinion on what tens to get. Find something you like or can get a good deal on and then come back and get some help with a ported box.

Yea I'm sticking with the type r's their good subs in my opinion I was just tryna figure out how to get louder since I have a sealed box an now I'm tryna get a ported box an was asking if anybody on the forum builds an sells custom boxes.

I think Type R's sound good also, since I heard them before at my high school's car show in the audio department last year, and I believe they were 10's also, inside a Sentra.

You could just learn to build your own box, more rewarding, and you can custom fit according to your car.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Yea I'm sticking with the type r's their good subs in my opinion I was just tryna figure out how to get louder since I have a sealed box an now I'm tryna get a ported box an was asking if anybody on the forum builds an sells custom boxes.

Im know there is builders on here. They are not allowed to advertise their services on here unless they pay to do so. (i think, dont hold me to this).

Where you located.

Archived