Any tips/tutorials for using Audacity?

ok pimpin quick question is doing bass remixs (adding bass like you did in pink floyd easier in audacity or fl studio) . This is the type of work i'm wanting to do, and i've done a couple in audacity and they didn't turn out that bad but took me days to do it .

Basically you slap a bunch of High Pass filters onto a track to remove the old bass line.

Then use an Oscilator to add in your new tones.

Just re-read through a good portion of your post BigPimpin, great stuff man thanks a lot. Will be trying my hand at making a C&S track this weekend if I've got some spare time. Also been playing with the LPF and HPF a bit to get rid of various parts of a track. I think I've found my hobby for the next couple of months :lol:

For now though it's just slowing down songs that I like and listening to when I might be able to throw in chops.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Pimpin Thanks heaps for that now i have something to do in spare time, & do you know how decaf boosts his songs so loud ? or decaf are you able to do what pimpin just did and write a big paragraph on exactly what you do ? would like to be able to boosts songs without slowing them down. Thanks :D

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

lots of great info.

would be cool if you (bigpimpin) and decaf would colaborate and make a pinned thread of how you do it thouroughly so you dont have to be asked 500 questions of how you do this or that.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Or just have this pinned.

what i meant was a more thourough write up with ONLY decaf and pimpin as posters, no random replies. like a UBL for boosting/re bassing

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

lots of great info.

would be cool if you (bigpimpin) and decaf would colaborate and make a pinned thread of how you do it thouroughly so you dont have to be asked 500 questions of how you do this or that.

:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Bose = Buy other sound equipment.

i love the rattle it's the best part! i need louder cheap amp any ideas?

lots of great info.

yea that would be great but you cant expect magicians to reveal all their secrets

I wouldn't mind replacing the original post with any info that Pimpin/Decaf/SPLWGN/anybody else provides to be honest. I think that this could be a great Q&A sort of thread though concerning purely Audacity.

Another question I had though was when you add the Low and High Pass Filters there's a rolloff and there's a filter quality. When implementing either filter, is there anything wrong with doing 48dB per octave at the preset .7071 filter quality? Or should you change any numbers or use a different dB per octave rolloff? I know that it says:

"If using a rolloff of 12 dB, a [q] value greater than default 0.7 increases resonance ['ringing'] of the cutoff frequency and could result in clipping."

So if I'm for instance taking a track and placing it there twice, and giving one track a HPF and the other a LPF after I've already slowed both down by the same speed and having both cutoff frequencies at 80Hz, then would a 48dB per octave rolloff with a q of 0.7071 hurt anything? You say to slap on a bunch of filters to get rid of the portion you don't want, but it seems to either amplify or increase the clipping whenever I play it back (Original track never hit red on the L/R up top but after throwing on a filter or two it did).

What I was trying to do was take Dirty Diana and split it into two portions - one less than 80Hz and one greater than 80Hz after they both had already been slowed by 16%. Then I was going to try changing the pitch of the greater than 80Hz to see if I could get his original voice back while keeping the slowed version with less than 80Hz at the new slowed peaks basically. So to summarize myself, keep the new lower tuning on the bass side while trying to restore the voice back to the same original pitch.

If you can decipher any of what I'm trying to say then I'd love a response telling me what I'm doing right/wrong, I really hope I'm starting to catch onto this! (Thanks again for all the help so far)

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Archived