Wanting to know everything that I would need to drop a turbo in a 2000 mustang v-6.

Edited by TylerParrish

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Turbo Applications require a rather decent amount of work to function properly.

This involves looking at turbo maps, changing cams, timing, compression ratio and fuel octane.

Not to mention the fab work.

Look around for a Turbo Kit for your mustang, this should help slightly with the Fab work.

Its a lot of work plus a lot of money to do it right. Check this link out

http://ststurbo.com/

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Just get a quality bolt on kit if you can find one although it would probably be cheaper if you could piece together a kit.. Keep in mind you will only be able to run really low boost on the stock block and very lightly modded fuel system(just a walbro and some new injectors). Also if no one has done a turbo V-6 before get ready to spend some $$$$ on the cheap side. Could end up $$$$$ when your done.

Edited by FeArZ

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg

Oh and i see you have a 2000 year I'm assuming that you have over a 100k in mileage. Not a good idea to put a turbo on a worn out motor. You would want to rebuild the motor on top of the turbo.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

not worth it if its your daily driver.....wont be reliable at all....and getting injecters that can be run by your ecu will be a bitch....standalone ecu is the way to go with that but your talkin a ton of money.....

edit: COULD be reliable if you dump a TON of money and if you run a low volume turbo..... like a td-04 or something.

id start at 5 lbs on a small turbo first.....

Edited by 95legwagon

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

not worth it if its your daily driver.....wont be reliable at all....and getting injecters that can be run by your ecu will be a bitch....standalone ecu is the way to go with that but your talkin a ton of money.....

edit: COULD be reliable if you dump a TON of money and if you run a low volume turbo..... like a td-04 or something.

How is a turboed car not reliable?

Bigger injectors won't work on a stock ecu at all lol.

Ditch the v6, get the s/c 4.6l v8 out of an 03-04 cobra svt and call it a day

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

• 3 weeks later...

Did you want a front mount or rear mount turbo, check the compression ratio on your engine cause to be able to run more than a small boost (5-7psi) you will need lower compression. Ideally you would have about 8.5:1 and throw a good crank and some forged rods/pistons and you could throw down 15-20psi at it and have a fun streetable ride.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

How is a turboed car not reliable?

Bigger injectors won't work on a stock ecu at all lol.

Ditch the v6, get the s/c 4.6l v8 out of an 03-04 cobra svt and call it a day

i dont think it would be reliable on a motor that isnt fresh, and also built and tuned by a person who doesnt know what they are doing. bigger injectors work on stock ecus all the time, but the fuel map would not work at all for a turbo car. the cobra motor would work well, but there are cheaper ways to get that kind of power.

i dont mean to sound like a dick, but this really is one of those things where if you have to ask, you havn't read into it enough. you should look at some mustang forums, i bet someone has already done what you are wanting. they most likely have written a how-to thread as well.

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves