Tweets That Can Take 160 watts All Day

OrionStang

ok, we need to see clamped numbers of these killer amounts of power to tweeters...

I installed a set of CAL25's and guy had them on a Sundown 100.4 and blew them in a day...

bad installer.

:peepwall:

nope, just that they can't take that much power, especially active with no xover to soak up any power....

I only physically mounted them, didn't touch the amp/HU settings as I didn't want to be liable as he was hell bent on sending them 100watts since that's what RMS was. I told him they will never take that. Next day....POOF

3rd shift is killing me, multiple edits for spelling

ok, we need to see clamped numbers of these killer amounts of power to tweeters...

I installed a set of CAL25's and guy had them on a Sundown 100.4 and blew them in a day...

bad installer.

nope, just that they can't take that much power, especially active with no xover to soak up any power....

I only physically mounted them, didn't touch the amp/HU settings as I didn't want to be liable as he was hell bent on sending them 100watts since that's what RMS was. I told him they will never take that. Next day....POOF

i was only messing with you but it sounds like it was his fault if he set the gains. like i said, my tweeters are doing great. going active means you can cross them over a little higher to save them from the lower frequencies. as for clamped power, im sure content in the 5k+ hz range is not a strong wave. so going with 3x power might only get you to rated power. nothing ive tested but you can see how small the amplitude of a high frequency in a song is just by using the oscilloscope feature on windows media player.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ridiculous power for tweets...

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

bad installer.

i was only messing with you but it sounds like it was his fault if he set the gains. like i said, my tweeters are doing great. going active means you can cross them over a little higher to save them from the lower frequencies. as for clamped power, im sure content in the 5k+ hz range is not a strong wave. so going with 3x power might only get you to rated power. nothing ive tested but you can see how small the amplitude of a high frequency in a song is just by using the oscilloscope feature on windows media player.

I know you couldn't clamp them, was my turn to mess with you.

He had them around 4Khz/12dB slope, but I'm sure the gain was ALL the way up...

I'm more impressed by the old ass Profile 2ch I have on 4 Crescendo XST's. Fuggin LOUD and probably getting 30watts each...

Pretty sure those would sound like ass and a half...

Alot of pyle pro is actually very good sounding equipment. I have some pyle pro pmw6's and they sound amazing. Also heard some of their tweeters at a get together last month and those sounded good aswell.

You'd be surprised the brands of equipment that sound good or great in the right hands, I'm not talking power handeling just sound, I've heard multiple power acoustik, Sony, pioneer, etc setups that actually sound great, if you know what you're doing pretty much anything can sound good.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

ya, see i have mids that can play up to 15k hz so my crossover is at 6-7k hz.

lol you can clamp a tweeter, just dont know why anyone would care that much.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Pretty sure those would sound like ass and a half...

Alot of pyle pro is actually very good sounding equipment. I have some pyle pro pmw6's and they sound amazing. Also heard some of their tweeters at a get together last month and those sounded good aswell.

You'd be surprised the brands of equipment that sound good or great in the right hands, I'm not talking power handeling just sound, I've heard multiple power acoustik, Sony, pioneer, etc setups that actually sound great, if you know what you're doing pretty much anything can sound good.

have you ever heard a real SQ car? you always hear people say "these $30 PA speakers sound great!" but they only think that because they have never heard anything better. i mean we all thought we were loud when we were not shit, and thought we sounded good when we sounded like ass. but being on the forum, people shouldnt praise a product when they have no good reference. its rampant on this forum. people praise one brand over another but never tried the other brand. it really makes their input useless.

not attacking you, im just putting that out there. little rant.

skittles one of the best cars I ever heard was a sony SQ car. All sony front to back. Of course this was sony mobile es stuff but it was knock your socks off awesome.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived