Tweets That Can Take 160 watts All Day

OrionStang

ridiculous power for tweets...

this

I could imagine if you DO NOT listen to rock/metal you could get away with that much. I'm not a fan of having ringing ears from highs...

:rofl:

I learned that the hard way the first time I installed PPI PT.2 Super Tweets on a Scion xB and the first song he played was a live instrument song I swear my ears were ringing like crazy it was on a 75 x 4 amp.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

skittles one of the best cars I ever heard was a sony SQ car. All sony front to back. Of course this was sony mobile es stuff but it was knock your socks off awesome.

i never said any brands suck. im just talking about the misinformation. a point i would have thought you would agree with.

and for the record. my tweeters are silk domed and smooth. i HATE bright tweeters. the power i put to mine doesnt make them sound harsh and the SQ judges agree.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Pretty sure those would sound like ass and a half...

Alot of pyle pro is actually very good sounding equipment. I have some pyle pro pmw6's and they sound amazing. Also heard some of their tweeters at a get together last month and those sounded good aswell.

You'd be surprised the brands of equipment that sound good or great in the right hands, I'm not talking power handeling just sound, I've heard multiple power acoustik, Sony, pioneer, etc setups that actually sound great, if you know what you're doing pretty much anything can sound good.

have you ever heard a real SQ car? you always hear people say "these $30 PA speakers sound great!" but they only think that because they have never heard anything better. i mean we all thought we were loud when we were not shit, and thought we sounded good when we sounded like ass. but being on the forum, people shouldnt praise a product when they have no good reference. its rampant on this forum. people praise one brand over another but never tried the other brand. it really makes their input useless.

not attacking you, im just putting that out there. little rant.

Yep and you will only understand what´s to hear. If you have heared real instrument´s and singing in every way you can get it.

To hear what´s the diffrence between a musician and a wannabe, quality of instrument´s, a musician can make music with every quality of instrument´s, a wannabe never change to a musician only in case of a much better instrument than he had before.

Since the border´s to the easteuropean country´s and Russia are open, you can hear music on the street in Westeurope in incredible quality.

Single or small group´s of classic professional skilled musician´s, with instrument´s in a way bad shape, that tearing the eyes.

Realy high quality sound, not top notch like the big ones of the classical scene with there opera- and special concerthouse´s. But normaly

not to hear in public area. At tuseday in front of the little shoppingmall of our city, was a man on a bigger trumpet with a good feeling for

trumpeting and his instrument, nice to hear and easy to make his box rattle.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Well, I have a Sundown 200.4 rated at 320x4 @ 2ohms (2 tweets per channel). I have my Rainbows hooked up to it and they do not sound harsh, they sound damn good, just don't know how long they'll take it. I know the Hertz tweets can take it as well.

Why does everything have to end up in a pissing match. How about we get back to my original question. Which ones CAN take that power?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Well, I have a Sundown 200.4 rated at 320x4 @ 2ohms (2 tweets per channel). I have my Rainbows hooked up to it and they do not sound harsh, they sound damn good, just don't know how long they'll take it. I know the Hertz tweets can take it as well.

Why does everything have to end up in a pissing match. How about we get back to my original question. Which ones CAN take that power?

dont you have the same tweeters as me?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

I've got the CAL 25 silks. Same model as yours? Oh, and active ftw.

yep, same tweeters. so if you trust me, and know you are doing it right, your tweeters can take that much power. ive already done the testing for you :good:

Archived