Sonic Electronix

what are the top 3 most important to you when building or designing a system?

mine are

1. electrical (alts batts wire need power to make power!)

2. Box (after you have the power you need to be able to do something with it)

3. Equpiment (equpiment is 3rd cause with the right electrical and box even cheap stuff can get really loud)

now my top 3 changed a few times from being a noob till now and its been this way for years i don't think it will change ether

what do you guys think Discuss......

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

mine are

3. Equpiment (equpiment is 3rd cause with the right electrical and box even cheap stuff can get really loud)

now my top 3 changed a few times from being a noob till now and its been this way for years i don't think it will change ether

Now I'm still learning so this may sound like a dumb question but in this list, how do you know what your power requirements are needing to be if you don't have your equipment set already? Have you already designed the system and you are now just tackling the electrical first?

mine are

Now I'm still learning so this may sound like a dumb question but in this list, how do you know what your power requirements are needing to be if you don't have your equipment set already? Have you already designed the system and you are now just tackling the electrical first?

Number uno if your going to scrimp on a system NEVER NEVER do it on electrical! If you think you have enough try and double it. Even with smaller systems the minimum electrical you should plan on is a HO alt 200 amps or better and 1-2 batteries.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

Ok. That makes sense. That's kind of what I've got going in my car right now. I've got 4000 watts potentially, 4 1000 watt amps, in my current design. I've got a mechman H/O 220amp alt going in, and planning on an XS Power D5100 up front in the main spot, and an XS D3100 in the rear for audio duties. Now it's not a ground pounder, it's more like a mix of SQ and Bass. Not sure if that matters. Anyway, thanks for the info.