Reminder: Alts are not perfect. Charge up your bats!

Bump anybody else

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Bump anyone else

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

that is the .75 amp version YES it can charge AGM batteries ALL DELTRAN CHARGERS can charge AGM or gel celld batteries.. id go with the 1.25 amp version bc if you got just a single 100ah battery its gonna take forever to charge that 1 battery..

not to be mean but to anyone else seriously DO YOUR RESEARCH before you ask questions.. bc 99.99% of the time that answer is in the product description

So here is what I have:

030912233637.jpg

2012-03-09_19-22-35_475.jpg

I was not too sure on the Battery Tender Plus, but after a couple tries now it seems to be working just fine. To test and make sure that it would charge at a decent rate, I left my headlights on for a few minutes with the car off and dropped the battery down to 12.4V. After plugging in the BTP it started charging at 13.3V, and slowly crawled it's way up 13.7V. I got bored watching it so I went to do a few things and forgot about it, low and behold I come back to find it in float mode sitting happily at 13.3V.

So I can approve of these two chargers so far is what I'm trying to get at. Both chargers cost less than $100 and have float mode to not overcharge. If you don't need the high current of the Die Hard, I would just get the BTP and let the batts charge whenever you want and often as this thread was created to announce lol. I just need to put the ring terminals on so I don't have to pop the hood every time :lol:

We will see in the morning if the couple times I have done this have helped yet, since I normally rest at about 12.8V.

Glad to see people are finding cheap/affordable chargers that serve their purpose.

I had my lil 1A going for about 36hours and came back to 13.3v :ph34r:

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

This is the one I have. It seems too cheap to be true.. can someone confirm if it wil not damage my XS Power Batteries? I know I know, "read the specs", I just wanna make sure with yah too :)

http://www.propertyr...com/l/l/7094600

I have an Exide 12V 6/2 charger

I'm looking at the Instructions on the side of this charger and it tells me not to overcharge the battery... I thought all batteries have a built in thing that stops the charging once it's done charging a battery..

I can't even find the manual online for this thing so I can see if it charges AGM batteries

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

tried the small battery tender plus from O'reilly ? mine charges at 14.46 and holds at 13.54

If I'm going to spen $65 on a charger, I'd rather get the CTEK-3300 and charge/maintain with a 3.3A charger than a 1.25A. :shrug:

Fast isn't key here, it is the consistant use that is most important. On a 12hr overnight charge of a healthy battery it's silly to dump excessive amperage on it. I only hook up my 1A charger when I know it will have awhile to do its thing. Also, I bought both my red tops used in 08 and they still kick ass every day.

So this old Exide 12V 6/2 charger I have has two options: 6A and 2A charge mode, I'm guessing it's better to use the 2A mode? is that still pretty high though?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

tried the small battery tender plus from O'reilly ? mine charges at 14.46 and holds at 13.54

If I'm going to spen $65 on a charger, I'd rather get the CTEK-3300 and charge/maintain with a 3.3A charger than a 1.25A. :shrug:

Fast isn't key here, it is the consistant use that is most important. On a 12hr overnight charge of a healthy battery it's silly to dump excessive amperage on it. I only hook up my 1A charger when I know it will have awhile to do its thing. Also, I bought both my red tops used in 08 and they still kick ass every day.

This is true for a steady constant flow to one battery but I thought that the max amperage output comes into play when regarding how many batteries your charging at the same time? My example was say you have one battery to charge/maintain a 1.5amp charge for a few hours/overnight is ok but if you have more than one battery to charge/maintain the chargers with a bit more amperage output to distribute across multiple batteries would help give each battery a better charge.

I had the battery tender plus and I am not sure if I read it in the paper work for the charger itself or I saw it somewhere else but I know I read that it wasn't meant to charge a certain criteria of amount of batteries or amp hour doing so would actually harm your batteries.

This thread is good regardless, it opens up everybodies eyes to the fact that you have to take care of your batteries and in turn that will take care of your alternator.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Archived