DC Sound Lab

Level 5 sub clanking noise... recone time? Vid included

Its just regular fiberglass resin. If I can find a picture of our old ones ill post up later. But if you got a chance run thru derricks build log on the teg and there should be a couple pics of the triple joint.

Or maybe someone else has pics...Cody?

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Not the pic I wanted but the only one I could dig up fast. This one does not have resin on it, its the reason we had it put on.

P1020875.jpg

Where my fingure is, is where you want to put a good bead all the way around it.

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

This is probably what your coil will look like, this sub had that clicking sound but played just fine.

I dont have any pics, but its basically just putting a coat of resin on the back of the cone to help reinforce it.

Sorry Cody, I wasn't talking about the whole cone, just that joint.

Edited by kbsmoker

Hmm.. do you mean CA glue? You can use 5min epoxy to glue the spiders down and some GOOP for the surround and dome.. All can be purchased at Lowes.

For Sure recone time, i was watching the video and if you stare at the glue joint on top you can see it moving more than the cone, its a broke neck joint. only fix is a recone

Its just regular fiberglass resin. If I can find a picture of our old ones ill post up later. But if you got a chance run thru derricks build log on the teg and there should be a couple pics of the triple joint.

Or maybe someone else has pics...Cody?

thanks guys.

it did separate at the top, neck joint.

and kb, cj, sackett, when i recone, I'll use some resin i have left in the gallon container.

oh, the spots you guys are telling me to put the resin is

here:

IMAG1156.jpg

and here:

IMAG1157.jpg

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

i updated the first post with pics of some damage

HMU!!!

95 Bonneville SSE

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

When rusty did derricks it was just below the spider not above, but we also had the old former before the stealth coils came out.

I would talk to rusty before you go ahead do it.

When rusty did derricks it was just below the spider not above, but we also had the old former before the stealth coils came out.

I would talk to rusty before you go ahead do it.

ahh okay, thank you kb!

rusty?! cj?! other dc reps?!

HMU!!!

95 Bonneville SSE

I dont think the resin will be necessary. I would be more concerned with clean power especially with 1 12k on 2 Level 5s. If you havent already, I would invest in a DD1 and CC1. You need to tune your amp with a 0db tone. You have more power than you really need and the 0db tone will be plenty and ensure the cleanest power that you can.