Duck's Walled Accord - 3/4/14 Nothing to see here, move along, move along

doesn't really matter if you sand it down good....what are you using to spread it

Tried a 3" metal spreader, gave up on that and used my fingers while wearing latex gloves. Works well enough. I don't know if getting my fingers wet like you do with caulking will help, or mess with the bondo.

you need some of those plastic flexible bondo spreaders that they sell.....they seriously make it a lot easier

edit: like the ones in the pic at the top of the page, use those lol

you mean the ones i have and didn't use? lol I forgot i had those.

Worked on this part of the dash. Needs a bit of finishing but not too bad looking i guess.

001-5_zps83b79957.jpg

Also, i am trying my hand at "A" pillars. I may have to redo this one if i cant clean it up enough. Guess I will see how it goes tomorrow.

004-2_zps9800c263.jpg

005-1_zpsd6119c5d.jpg

Lots of fabrication in this build how can I not enjoy looking at every picture :)

Thanks for sharing ur work, only critique I have if u sand a little more you'll get that über sexy finish, you're like JUST there.

Other than that continue on looks awesome

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Lots of fabrication in this build how can I not enjoy looking at every picture :)

Thanks for sharing ur work, only critique I have if u sand a little more you'll get that über sexy finish, you're like JUST there.

Other than that continue on looks awesome

My stupid ass orbital picked up some body filler and put swirls in that piece. Now i have to lay down filler one more time and resand. But i have to get more sandpaper cause i ran out lol. Next time I am just going to rough sand it with 60 on the orbital and finish it by hand with some 120. This is the second time that happened.

edit;

also thanks!

For sure man, also a tip when sanding paint/bondo usually it'll gunk up in the sand paper bc the orbital will create lots of friction and will heat it up, sometimes this happens even by hand.

So anyways I like to wet sand in a sink using 60 grit to start and working my way up to 320 to prime

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

^^^^^

Very true I use a mashing only when I an change the pad ever few min to keep progress up otherwise we'd hand sanding will easily take same amount of time

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Archived