wire for 350 amp alt?

For the wire from the alt to the front batt would 1 run of 1/0 Knu Kolossus be enough? Step up to 1 run of 4/0 welding wire?

Edited by bighossf150

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Depends on what your running. If you have more wire I'd do 2 Runs of 1/0 to be safe. Thats what Im doing. 1/0 ga is usually good for 170 amps and 4/0 is good for 260 amps. 2 runs of 1/0 would be ideal. I had 1 run of 1/0 with my 270 amp alt and it was fine but another run could'nt hurt.

Edited by Amart88

Depends on what your running. If you have more wire I'd do 2 Runs of 1/0 to be safe. Thats what Im doing. 1/0 ga is usually good for 170 amps and 4/0 is good for 260 amps. 2 runs of 1/0 would be ideal. I had 1 run of 1/0 with my 270 amp alt and it was fine but another run could'nt hurt.

Isn't 1/0 OFC good for 300-350? :unknw:

you have it mixed up. 4 gauge is good for around 170 amps. 1/0 is good for 300ish. 4/0 is for like 800 or some crazy shit. dont quote me on the 4/0 rating

Make sure that you have sufficient runs from the battery to the back also. If you have a secondary bank of batteries in the back, then I would do 1 run from the alt to the front battery and then 2 runs from the alt to the back batteries. This has worked well for me.

2 runs would be perfectly fine, but like stated depending on current draw and battery bank, more runs to the bank shouldn't be neglected.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Make sure that you have sufficient runs from the battery to the back also. If you have a secondary bank of batteries in the back, then I would do 1 run from the alt to the front battery and then 2 runs from the alt to the back batteries. This has worked well for me.

I have 100' of knu 1/0 kca to make the runs from the batts to the amp and from the front batt to the back, shouldnt be far, batts are going to be in the cab of an extended cab f150 so should be able to get at least 3 runs of + and 3 runs of -. The main reason I was considering the 4/0 is cause its only $2 a ft more than knu kol 1/0

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

you have it mixed up. 4 gauge is good for around 170 amps. 1/0 is good for 300ish. 4/0 is for like 800 or some crazy shit. dont quote me on the 4/0 rating

http://en.wikipedia....ican_wire_gauge Yeah your are probably right, some cases as all wire is not made equally but I was just going by the American wire gauge stats. OFC is almost double the current of CCA thats why it depends on what wire he has. Still Multiple runs of 0 gauge would be good. :) The 1/0 wire I ran said 180-220 can't quite remember. It might have been cca.

Edited by Amart88