This will be my first handgun. I decided on the springfield xd 40 s&w. so I came into this forum and all I see is 1911's I don't know much about guns so I'd like everyones opinions. The gun is for Self defense.

Edited by varietyguy

S&W & Springfield are two different makers of guns.... I have a Springfield XD.45 & i like mine but its up to you on what you like or can afford

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

S&W & Springfield are two different makers of guns.... I have a Springfield XD.45 & i like mine but its up to you on what you like or can afford

I knew that but I swore that's what was on the tag (I'll have to double check tomorrow)

I know nothing about the 1911. I liked everything about the xd.40 except that the clip doesn't pop out when released, I had to pull it out. It comes with 3 clips, loader, holster, cleaning kit, and clip holster and hard case and it's priced $550 So I think it's a good buy. But there is obviously a reason I see so many of you guys with the 1911

it is on the tag because 40 caliber ammo is called .40 smith and wesson. its a good piece. All you see is 1911 stuff because thats what hugh likes and bobby wants to be like him so you see alot of it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

All you see is 1911 stuff because thats what hugh likes and bobby wants to be like him so you see alot of it.

hahahaha. so what you saying is i have my first fanboy? lol

back on topic, that springfield xd .40sw is a fine choice. ive always said that a .40sw is the best all around carry cartridge there is for the average consumer. of course i carry a 5" springfield 1911 45 acp.............

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

All you see is 1911 stuff because thats what hugh likes and bobby wants to be like him so you see alot of it.

hahahaha. so what you saying is i have my first fanboy? lol

back on topic, that springfield xd .40sw is a fine choice. ive always said that a .40sw is the best all around carry cartridge there is for the average consumer. of course i carry a 5" springfield 1911 45 acp.............

Woo hoo I am a fuckin groupie now YEE HAW.... Possum Nipples(inside joke between Hugh and I)....

Anywho the 40 cal is a great choice. It is a versatile round with tons of ammo choices...They are fairly cheap to shoot as well. Enjoy

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I knew that but I swore that's what was on the tag (I'll have to double check tomorrow)

I know nothing about the 1911. I liked everything about the xd.40 except that the clip doesn't pop out when released, I had to pull it out. It comes with 3 clips, loader, holster, cleaning kit, and clip holster and hard case and it's priced $550 So I think it's a good buy. But there is obviously a reason I see so many of you guys with the 1911

My magazine ejects with the push of the release button i dont have to pull it out.... maybe bad magazine

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

you want it to pop out like that when you hit the release, so you can load another one fast. dont want to be fucking around if your life is on the line!

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas